I have been on a shrimp kick lately. Every time we go out to eat, I get this delicious grilled shrimp that has a slight kick to it, and it is served with this yummy parsley garlic butter and a slice of lemon. It is like heaven on a plate.
Since eating this, I have been on the hunt for that same recipe — so here is my version of Grilled Cajun Shrimp. I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Canola oil, to keep from sticking to grill
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- Juice from half a lime
- Heat grill. In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, oregano and thyme.
- Placed peeled and deveined shrimp on skewers. Spray with the canola oil and sprinkle the shrimp with salt, pepper and mixed dried seasonings. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges onto the finished shrimp.
- Finely chop the chipotles, then whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
This is delicious served on a bed of seasoned rice and then drizzled with this delicious garlic butter.
To make the butter
Melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle in a 1/4 teaspoon of parsley and then 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder. Add in the juice of 1/4 of a lemon and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve alongside the shrimp.
Since grilling season is here — this would make the perfect late night dinner!