This recipe for Brussels Sprouts and Gnocchi in Rosemary Butter Sauce is delicious and super quick to make! The wine really adds a pump of flavor to the sauce.
One of my favorite things to make from scratch is gnocchi. But sometimes I need a quick fix, so I pick it up from the grocery store. I grabbed some whole wheat gnocchi for this recipe that I found in one of my favorite cookbooks!
October is National Cookbook Month and several of us bloggers are sharing some of our favorite dishes from all the cookbooks we tend to collect!
Tieghan Gerard is one of my favorites. Her food makes me drool all the time! This recipe is adapted from her cookbook Half Baked Harvest – Everyday.
When you mix gnocchi, Brussels sprouts, bacon, and wine in one dish — you definitely get my attention! I did change a couple of things about this recipe to adapt it for time and taste, but the end result? It's AMAZING!
One of the changes I made was that instead of cooking the gnocchi in water, I let the gnocchi simmer in the sauce. That was more than enough to cook them.
I left the Brussels halved instead of quartered. I also used store-bought whole wheat gnocchi. For this recipe, she made and used cauliflower gnocchi. Either way you go with this recipe, it is going to turn out fantastic.
Check out these other recipes that use gnocchi
- Pumpkin Gnocchi in Brown Butter Sage Sauce
- How to Make Pumpkin Gnocchi
- Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- How to Make Homemade Gnocchi
National Cookbook Mont
- Pears with Chocolate Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Ice Cream, Jeni Style by Art of Natural Living
- Green Beans with Bacon and Caramelized Onions by Family Around the Table
- Brussel Sprouts and Gnocchi in a Rosemary Butter Sauce by Jen Around the World
- Apple Cider Donuts by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Finnish Pulla Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Madame Wu's Barbecued Spare Ribs by Palatable Pastime
- Tomato Basil Biscuits by Shockingly Delicious
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 pound of Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fo veggie broth
- 1/2 cup of wine
- 24 ounces of gnocchi (your flavor choice)
- Cook the bacon over medium until crispy. Remove from the pan but leave the grease.
- Place the Brussels in the pan, cut side down, and leave them alone for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the sprouts have browned on one side, toss them around the pan and then drizzle them with olive oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes more so they can get crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Now to the skillet, add butter, garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the butter is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Now add in the broth and wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bits off the bottom.
- Add the gnocchi into the sauce and allow it to cook on medium-high until the sauce has reduced slightly and the gnocchi have cooked through -- about 7-10 minutes.
- Chop the bacon and sprinkle over the top of the dish. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 390mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g