This recipe for Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek.
I have had so much fun making non-alcoholic drinks for my readers. My family and I do not drink alcohol but we love fun fruity drinks, so I was excited to create this one for BBQ Week.
This drink features a spicy simple syrup thanks to the jalapenos, and chunks of sweet grilled pineapple in the glass.
How to Make a Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
Start by making a simple syrup. Add 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of sugar, and one de-seeded jalapeno to a saucepan.
Heat over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and let the pepper steep in the syrup. Also, squeeze in one whole lime.
While the syrup is steeping, grill the pineapples. Slice a fresh pineapple and grill either on an indoor grill or on an outdoor grill until you get the perfect char marks.
Once they are done, set them aside. Dip the rim of each glass in the simple syrup and then place in the margarita salt.
Now, in each glass, place a few ice cubes. Pour 1/4 cup of simple syrup into each glass. Squeeze one whole lime into each glass.
Top the glass off with lime club soda or Sprite.
Dice up one of the grilled pineapples and place a little in each glass. Add a couple of mint leaves and then garnish each glass with a pineapple wedge, a jalapeno slice, and a lime slice.
The spice from the simple syrup really adds a whole other level to this drink idea. If you want it super spicy, leave the seeds in.
You can find the recipe for my Classic Margarita Mocktail here if you prefer that version.
Other Blogger Recipes
Friday #BBQWeek Recipes
Starters and Sides
- Cactus Candies from The Freshman Cook
- Cucumber, Corn and Tomato Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Deviled Egg Pasta Salad from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Elvis Old Fashioned from The Spiffy Cookie
- Grilled Chicken Wings (Three Ways!) from Sweet Beginnings
- Grilled Flat Breads from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail from Jen Around the World
- Spicy Parmesan-Garlic Wing Sauce from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Blackberry Chicken Thighs from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Balsamic Honey Pork Tenderloin from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Salmon in Foil from Art of Natural Living
- Spicy Hawaiian Ham Kabobs from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Lemon Blueberry Whoopie Pies from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Tacos from Blogghetti
Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
Easy drink recipe that has a little kick thanks to the spicy jalapeno.
For the simple syrup
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 lime, juiced
For the drink
- Pineapple slices
- lime club soda or Sprite
- 2 limes juiced
- Mint sprigs
- Margarita Salt
- In a saucepan, combine the ingredients for the simple syrup. Let it steep on medium until the sugar is melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a grill pan, grill the pineapple slices until there is a nice char on each side. Set aside to cool.
- Take each glass, dip the rim in the simple syrup, and then dip in the margarita salt.
- Add ice cubes to the glass.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of simple syrup. Squeeze in each glass one whole lime. Top it off with lime soda.
- Take the charred pineapple slices, dice them up, and place them in the glass. Top with a sprig of mint.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 542mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 4gSugar: 87gProtein: 1g