This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
These jelly-filled ghost donuts are the perfect easy dessert or snack for you and the kids. They are easy to make using refrigerated biscuit dough.
I am always looking for fun and easy Halloween treats to share with friends and family. I don’t like things that are super scary or freaky so these little donuts are perfect for that.
If you love homemade donuts as much as I do, be sure to check out my Apple Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts and my Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts.
How to Make Jelly Filled Ghost Donuts
Heat oil over medium heat to 350-375 degrees.
Roll each piece of dough into an oblong shape and cut 2 eyes and a mouth with a small and large end of a frosting tip.
Carefully lower each “ghost face” into the oil and fry until golden on each side.
Remove from oil and drain on paper or a rack. Once mostly cool, dust donuts with a liberal amount of powdered sugar. I like the Dixie Crystals powdered sugar because it seems more powdery. It also doesn't clump as bad as other powdered sugars.
I think this is what makes my ghosts pop more!
If you want to make them jelly-filled, do not let your holes go all the way through. Cut it enough that you can hollow it out and then use your finger to press them flat.
When the donut cooks, those will stay hollow. Then fill them with your favorite flavor of jelly and enjoy!
Check out these other blogger recipes for Halloween Treats Week!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Disney Villain Charcuterie Board from Big Bear's Wife
- Grave Yard Snack Mix from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Jelly Filled Ghost Donuts from Jen Around the World
- Cake Top Forward Halloween Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Witch Finger Pretzels from Fresh April Flours
- Caramel Apples from Devour Dinner
- Easy Frankenstein Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Halloween Haunted Fault Line Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Blood & Guts Cinnamon Rolls from 4 Sons ‘R' Us
- Bloody Vampire Cherry Floats from Cookaholic Wife
- Candy Corn Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods from House of Nash Eats
- Friday the 13th Pancakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spider Donuts from The Flour Handprint
- Haunted House Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Peanut Butter Ghost Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Apple Spice Cake Donuts from It's Shanaka
- Pumpkin Patch Cookie Cups from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Butterfinger Bark from Pastry Chef Online
- Spiderweb Cheesecake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mummy Cookies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Oozing Red Velvet Cake from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Black Velvet Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Monster Burgers from An Affair from the Heart
- Spider Web Soup (Roasted Pumpkin Tomato Soup) from I am a Honey Bee
- Candy Corn Fudge from Back To My Southern Roots
- Dark Chocolate Black Cat Cookies from Savory Moments
- Three Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies from Our Good Life
- Binx Marshmallow Fudge Brownies from For the Love of Food
Enter the Giveaway
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- oil for frying -- can use vegetable, canola, or peanut
- powdered sugar
- Heat oil over medium heat to 350-375 degrees.
- Pull each piece of dough into an oblong shape and cut 2 eyes and a mouth with small and large ends of a frosting tip.
- Carefully lower each "ghost face" into the oil and fry until golden on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side, or until the donut is done inside.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Once mostly cool, dust donuts with a liberal amount of powdered sugar
- If you want to make them jelly-filled, do not let your holes go all the way through. Cut it enough that you can hollow it out and then use your finger to press them flat.
- When the donut cooks, those will stay hollow. Then fill them with your favorite flavor of jelly and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g