This recipe for Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. The sponsors, Rainier Foods and Intensity Academy generously provided samples to participants to aid in the creation of the #BBQWeek recipes and prize packages to give away to the readers. However, all opinions are mine alone.
This recipe for Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers has amazing flavor thanks to the spices I used for seasoning (more about that later). This super easy grilled shrimp recipe that you can make all summer long.
One of my favorite things to fix on the grill is shrimp. There is just something about it that makes me fall in love with the flavor. My favorite recipe is 15 Minute Shrimp Tacos, however, this recipe for Margarita Grilled Shrimp is my new fave.
For this recipe, I used some neat spices that I got in from Rainer Foods. I wanted the shrimp to have a mild seasoned flavor because I wanted the Margarita salt and lime juice to really come through on them. You can use a little tequila in the marinade if you like that flavor, however, I do not so I left it out completely and they still tasted amazing.
Other ingredients in this recipe are olive oil, fresh jalapenos, brown sugar, sea salt, garlic, and pepper seasoning from Rainer Foods.
I use raw, peeled Jumbo-sized shrimp for this recipe. I recommend shrimp labeled “16 to 20 per pound”, also meaning that there are 16 to 20 shrimp in a pound, but if you like the smaller ones, you can use those also.
How to Grill Margarita Grilled Shrimp
Start with the marinade by adding lime juice, olive oil, and your spices to a bowl. Throw the shrimp in and allow the marinade to coat the shrimp.
Now, you can grill them or skewer them and grill them. Grill and char the shrimp until they are no longer opaque, around 3-4 minutes per side.
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
Starters and Sides
- Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Lemon-Garlic Roasted Potato Salad from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Grilled Kale Salad with Grilled Croutons and Garlic Dressing from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Hummus Dip from Art of Natural Living
- Barbecued Pork Burgers from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Beef Kafta from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chai Teriyaki Shrimp Salad from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Double Smoked Ham from Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Glazed Blackberry Chicken from Blogghetti
- Grilled Zesty Greek Chicken from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Jalapeno-Marinated Pork Kabobs from Sweet Beginnings
- Margarita Grilled Shrimp from Jen Around the World
- Smoked Burgers with Spicy Garlic Aioli from The Spiffy Cookie
- Southwest Chicken Skewers from The Freshman Cook
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken and Pineapple Skewers from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Enter to Wina Rafflecopter giveaway
Welcome to the third annual #BBQWeek hosted by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are excited to have 15 bloggers sharing over 50 recipes this week as we head toward grilling season. The amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BBQWeek giveaway. The giveaway is below, but make sure to read about the prize packages and our generous sponsors!
Intensity Academy Saucy Queen Prize Package
The Intensity Academy Saucy Queen has competed in the fiery food industry for over 15 years. Her all-natural gourmet hot sauces have more than 55 national awards. In 2019, the Saucy Queen earned the Tampa Bay Businesswoman of the Year in Manufacturing, Business Leader’s Woman Extraordinaire and Working Women of Tampa Bay’s! Not only does she sell amazing sauces, spice mixes, and dips, but she has anchored her career in service and non-profit organizations and helping local companies take their products from recipe to store shelves.
A prize package of 4 popular sauces:
- Carrot Karma – A mild hot sauce made from a blend of carrots, habaneros, and a touch of lime.
- Garlic Goodness – An essential garlic hot sauce! Each batch contains over 100 pounds of slow roasted garlic.
- Honey Hype – A blend of crystalized honey natural rub. The crystalized honey melts perfectly over meats and veggies.
- Chai Sweet Chili – A light sauce made with peppers and organic Chai tea that won the 2012 Golden Chile award.
Rainier Foods Prize Package
Life's too short for boring food, spice it up with Rainier Foods. Rainier Foods is a family company located in the shadow of Mt. Rainier. They have a dedication to provide premium quality food products. Rainier Foods can source the best ingredients available to help you create delicious meals which sets them apart from other companies. All their products are made locally ensuring their products are the best that the Pacific Northwest has to offer. A portion of all sales are donated to the Washington National Park Fund.
A prize package of a meat thermometer and trio of spice mixes:
- Meater+ wire-free meat thermometer – monitor your cooking from a phone or tablet. Monitors internal and ambient temperature at the same time.
- The Essentials Seasoning – Salt, garlic, and pepper are the essentials of most seasonings. Three different types of sea salt blend with garlic and pepper in this delicious seasoning.
- Smoky Honey Seasoning & Rub – Made with Pacific Northwest clover honey, Cherrywood Smoked Sea Salt, and Smoked Paprika. This seasoning blend creates a deliciously sticky and sweet flavor on anything you grill.
- Gochu (Go-Choo) Seasoning & Rub – Gochugaru Chilis combine with sea salt and pepper along with a few other spices makes this blend unique adding an unmatchable flavor profile to everything you cook.
Check out these other delicious shrimp recipes
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Grilled Cajun Shrimp
- Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
- One Pan Lemon Shrimp and Asparagus
Thank you sponsors!
Thank you #BBQWeek sponsors Saucy Queen and Rainier Foods for donating the prizes for this event. The #BBQWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, aged 18 & up, however, all entries for the winner are checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Two (2) winners are selected at random from entries received. The prize packages are fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #BBQWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages.
Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the #BBQWeek posts or entries.
- 1 lb. raw extra jumbo shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Sea Salt, Garlic and Black pepper seasoning from Rainer Foods
- chopped cilantro
- wedges of fresh lime, for squeezing over top of grilled shrimp
- Shrimp can be grilled with or without skewers. If using wood skewers, soak them in water before using them.
- Place shrimp in a wide shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients from olive oil through seasoning. Mix well.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and gently stir to coat evenly. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- If using skewers, thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Make sure grates are clean, and then oil them well.
- Set shrimp on grates and grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or just until shrimp are no longer opaque and have some nice char.
- Place shrimp on a platter and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with fresh lime wedges to squeeze over the top.
- Sprinkle on a smidge of Margarita salt at the very end.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 890mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g