Mardi Gras is right around the corner and you can celebrate by making a big batch of this delicious and easy Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp Pasta.
This recipe comes together in less than 20 minutes and the WHOLE family will love how creamy and saucy it is.
Serve this with my authentic homemade beignets for dessert to really get a feel of the French Quarter!
The shrimp are coated in Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning which gives them a delicious smokey and earthy flavor. Then, I air fry the shrimp until done and they are oh so tender! The cajun seasoning is mellowed out a bit by a creamy white sauce made with heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. It just melts in your mouth.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA:
- Fettucini: you can use penne, Angel Hair, or any pasta shape you have on hand. I chose fettucini because the sauce sticks well but it is also what I had in the pantry.
- Extra virgin olive oil: This is for marinating the shrimp with.
- Large shrimp: You will need one pound for this recipe. I like to buy the frozen shrimp that are raw, peeled, and de-veined. So much easier than buying fresh and having to do all the work yourself.
- Cajun seasoning: You will only want to use a couple of tablespoons tops for this.
- Butter: It makes the sauce rich.
- Heavy cream: I like my pasta extra creamy, but if you want to cut down on the calories, you can use evaporated milk, but trust me — use the heavy cream.
- Parmesan cheese: if you can, buy it in a block and grate it yourself. pre-grated Parmesan can sometimes contain anti-caking agents to prevent it from sticking.
- Parsley: fresh chopped is the way to go for the color and the flavor.
- White wine: dry white wine gives the sauce another layer of flavor and a tiny bit of acidity to cut down on the heavy cream mouthfeel. You can skip it if you don't like wine in food, but I would definitely recommend adding it.
- Pasta water: reserve a cup to water down the sauce a bit. It also helps the sauce stick better to the pasta. If you forget to save it, use regular tap water.
If you do not have an air fryer, you can skip that and cook it right on the stove. The time frame is still about the same.
Simply cook pasta, and set it aside. Then cook the shrimp and set it aside. The last step is to make the sauce. Throw all three together for THE BEST dish you will ever taste.
Check out these other delicious pasta recipes
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Pasta
- One Pan Cheeeseburger pasta
- TikTok Feta Pasta Bake
- Mongolian Ground Beef Noodles
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp Pasta from Jen Around the World
- Blackened Shrimp from Art of Natural Living
- Cajun Mac and Cheese from Blogghetti
- Cajun Remoulade Sauce from That Recipe
- Cajun Style Peel and Eat Shrimp from Palatable Pastime
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Red Beans and Rice from The Spiffy Cookie
- 8 ounces of your favorite type of pasta ( I used fettucini)
- 1 pound of raw shrimp (deveined, cleaned, and tails removed)
- 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine (optional)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of fresh finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- salt for pasta water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add salt to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente -- your pasta is soft but still has a bite. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, olive oil, and cajun seasoning. Let it marinate while the air fryer is pre-heating.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees. Once ready, lay the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 8-10 minutes. No need to turn the shrimp. Once it is done, remove it from the air fryer and set it aside.
- If you do not have an air fryer, you can make the shrimp in a skillet on the stove. Heat the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and marinade in the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side. Usually takes about the same amount of time as the air fryer.
- Now, take a skillet and add heavy cream and wine if you are using it. if you cooked shrimp on the stove, use the same skillet. Allow the cream to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cheese. Let the cheese melt.
- Add in the cooked pasta and the shrimp. Stir to coat. If the sauce needs to be thinned, add a little of the pasta water.
- Sprinkle on parsley at the end and more Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 1987mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g