This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
These adorable Mummy Jalapeno Poppers will be the talk of your Halloween party this year! Only 4 ingredients and the best part is that these taste even better than the basic jalapeno popper.
Don't you just love cute mummy-type foods? My mummy cake pops were a hit last year, and the year before my mummy dogs made the cut, but this year, my Mummy Jalapeno Poppers are the cutest mummy food I have created so far.
How to Make Mummy Jalapeno Poppers
To make these fun mummy poppers, you will need a can of crescent roll dough, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos.
Then, top them off with candy eyes for the perfect spooky treat!
Slice the jalapenos in half and scoop out all the seeds and membranes from the inside.
In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and spices. Fill each jalapeno full and set it aside.
Now, normally you would wrap them in bacon. Instead of doing that this time, we parbaked the bacon in the oven at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes.
Remove the bacon from the oven and slice it in half. Place a half on top of each jalapeno popper.
Then wrap each popper with a strip of crescent roll dough. Make sure to leave space for the candy eyeballs.
Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until the dough has browned. Remove from the oven and place the candy eyes on top for that perfect mummy effect.
Check out these other fun Halloween recipes!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Blood Splatter Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Jack-O-Lantern Apple Slice Pops from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Jalapeno Mummy Poppers from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Brownies from Devour Dinner
- Candy Coated Strawberry Witches from The Redhead Baker
- Mummy Macarons from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifles from Cookaholic Wife
- Monster Mix from House of Nash Eats
- Candy Corn Carmel Thumbprint Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Candy Corn Popcorn Balls from Sweet Beginnings
- Deviled Corn from Pastry Chef Online
- Deadly Dark Chocolate Layer Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ghostly Poptarts from An Affair from the Heart
Enter to Win
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup of sharp shredded cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 10 jalapenos halved and seeded
- 10 slices of bacon, par cooked
- 1 package of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- Lay the bacon on a baking sheet on parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 10-12 minutes to par-cook it. Once it comes out, set it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder, and onion powder. Using a tablespoon, fill each pepper with the cream cheese mixture, packing tightly.
- Next, unroll the crescent rolls so you have 2 rectangles, a total of 4 triangles. With your fingers, gently seal the perforated seam. Take a rolling pin and roll each rectangle out. Then, with a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 10 long pieces.
- Take the par-cooked back and slice in half. Place a half on top of each jalapeno popper.
- Carefully stretch out the piece of dough, and wrap around the pepper leaving an opening for the eyes. Continue to do this for all peppers.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Place candied eyes in the opening and serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g