“This post and recipe for no-churn cotton candy ice cream were created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
One of my all-time favorite ice creams is cotton candy flavored ice cream. Since this is Summer Dessert Week, I thought I would share with you my new favorite way to make this ice cream — and the best part? It’s a no-churn version making it even easier to make.
This easy no-churn cotton candy ice cream will be your new favorite dessert this summer, and the kids will love you forever! I even have a couple of fun hacks that the kiddos will love to help you with as well.
How to Make No-Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream
To start this recipe, you are going to need vanilla pudding mix. Yes — you read that right — vanilla pudding mix.
In a bowl, mix the vanilla pudding mix with 2 cups of milk.
Once you get the pudding mix made, you are going to add in some Cotton Candy sugar crunch. I got these from Sweets N Treats.
They are the perfect addition to your cotton candy ice cream.
Mix them all in together. Now, place in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes so that it can harden up a bit.
Remove from the fridge and add in the tub of cool whipped topping.
Now, separate the pudding into two bowls. Using your food gel coloring (hot pink and turquoise blue) add a couple of drops and mix together until you get the desired color you want.
Set the pudding aside and let’s make our cotton candy syrup!
How to Make Your Own Cotton Candy Syrup
We bought cotton candy from the store for $1 per tub. My local stores were completely sold out of cotton candy snow cone syrup. However, my daughter was SO smart and figure out that we could melt cotton candy down and make our own syrup that way.
Take each tub and place the cotton candy in a saucepan. Add 1/4 cup of water and watch the magic happen! It will melt right before your eyes and make your own cotton candy syrup. You can use this on snow cones or like we did, you can use in your ice cream.
Once you get your syrup made, you are going to add 1/4 cup of syrup to each colored pudding mix. Taste to see if it has the correct flavor consistency. If it needs more flavor, just add more syrup.
Now, place the ice cream mix into a rectangle or round bowl and swirl all the colors together.
How to Make Cotton Candy Fudge Tracks
My daughter came up with a fun idea for our ice cream as well. Do you know how your favorite vanilla ice cream has a fudge track down the center? We thought it would be fun to create a cotton candy like fudge track in our ice cream as well.
We used Wilton White Candy melts and melted them in the microwave. Then we mixed both the blue and the pink leftover syrup together and mixed with the white melts to create a purple like fudge.
You can totally leave this step out — but it was a fun addition to the ice cream.
Once you get it all made up, create a tunnel in your ice cream and fill it with the melted fudge.
Gently swirl around until everything is combined. Your swirls should look something like this —
Now cover with a lid and place in the freezer for about 8 hours until it has firmed up.
Once it does, you can scoop it out and serve it to your guests.
We topped ours with sprinkles from Wilton and tufts of blue and pink cotton candy. Then we served them with colorful spoons we picked up from Sweets & Treats.
This really is a very fun recipe to make and you can play around with it however you like!
Sponsors Featured in this Recipe:
For the Ice Cream
- 2 - 3.4-ounce boxes of Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 small tubs of cotton candy (blue and pink)
- 1- 8-ounce tub of whipped topping
- 2 cups of milk
- blue and pink gel food coloring
- Cotton Candy Sugar Crunch from Sweet & Treats
- Wilton Sprinkles (for garnish -- optional)
For the Cotton Candy Fudge Center
- The remainder of the cotton candy syrup
- White Wilton Candy Melts
- To make the ice cream -- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the pudding mix and the milk. Add in the cotton candy sugar crunch from Sweet & Treats. Place in the fridge until firm -- about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and add in your whipped topping.
- Make your own cotton candy syrup by adding 1/4 cup of water to 1 tub of cotton candy mix. Mix together until melted. You should have both blue and pink. Set aside.
- Divide your pudding mixtures evenly between two bowls. Add 1/4 cup of cotton candy syrup to each bowl -- 1 blue and 1 pink. Mix together.
- Now, place both colors into a container and set aside.
- To make your fudge track, melt 1/2 cup of Wilton White melting chips. Take 2 teaspoons of each color and mix together to create a lilac color.
- Mix with the white melting chips. Create a well in the middle of your ice cream and pour all the melted fudge center into the well.
- Using a knife or a fork, swirl until all is combined. Cover and place in the freezer for 8 hours or until firm.
- To serve, scoop out and then top with extra cotton candy and fun sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 314mg Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 36g Protein: 2g
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
- Brownie Bottom Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Ice Cream from Family Around the Table
- No Churn Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- S’Mores Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake Boozy Milkshake from Sweet ReciPEAS
- No-Churn Caramel Fudge Crunch Ice Cream from Palatable Pastime
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Whipping Cream Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Blueberry Lemonade Mermaid Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Popsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Lemon Blueberry Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peach Pie Scones with Maple Glaze from Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lime Cheesecake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blackberry Crumble Bars from Creative Southern Home
- Creamsicle Cake Bars from My Sweet Zepol
- Orange Cream Dipped Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Rock Candy from The Domestic Kitchen
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Enter to Win
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.