This easy homemade strawberry ice cream is the perfect dessert for those hot summer days.
This past weekend, Kroger had their strawberries on sale for $1.79 a pint.
I grabbed 3 and decided to make a batch of Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream.
This ice cream is one of the easiest I have ever made — and the best part? There are no eggs at all in this recipe. It's creamy, delicious, so full of strawberry flavor. You will definitely want to make a batch of this for yourself — especially on those hot summer days.
How to Make Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
This recipe is so easy and comes together so quickly. It's my new favorite way to eat ice cream.
Start by dicing up your strawberries. You do not want to do a fine dice because you want to have bigger chunks in your ice cream. Just cut them up in a rustic chop. You need about 2 cups of diced strawberries.
Once you get the strawberries diced up, place them in a bowl and add in 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Mix to combine and then set aside for 20 minutes. You are giving your strawberries time to macerate (release their juices). After 20 minutes, take your potato masher or a fork and break up the strawberries into the juice. Then mix together again.
Once the strawberries have done their thing and released their juices, combine 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/2 cup of half and half, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla together.
Mix well and then combine with the strawberries. Stir to combine together.
Now, depending on what type of ice cream maker you are using, follow the instructions. You can use the kind like I have — the old fashioned kind, or you can use the newer version that does not use ice.
Place the strawberry cream mixture into the canister or bowl of your ice cream maker and follow instructions.
Let run until ice cream gets to the soft serve stage.
You can eat it at this stage if you like, or you can freeze it for a couple of hours to get it to a harder ice cream stage. I like mine a little harder, so I let mine go a little longer.
Once it has frozen to your specified hardness, scoop out and enjoy on the back patio! A hot summer day is a perfect time to have a yummy easy homemade strawberry ice cream cone.
For More Strawberry Recipes, check out these posts —
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake
- Mini strawberry scones with vanilla bean glaze
Looking for more ice cream recipes? Check these out!
- Vanilla Milkshakes without ice cream
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Blackberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 3 ingredient coffee ice cream
- No-Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, honey and lemon juice. Allow it to set for 20 minutes until the strawberries have released their juices.
- Mash the strawberries with a potato masher or fork, until the big chunks have been broken down.
- Add heavy cream, half and half, and vanilla extract to strawberries and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow your manufacturer's instructions.
- At this point, you can eat the ice cream in a soft serve state, or you can freeze it in an airtight container for about 2 hours to thicken up slightly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker
Greenco Vibrant Colors Ice Cream Dessert Bowls and Spoons (Set of 12)
KitchenAid Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop, Black
StarPack Premium Ice Cream Freezer Storage Containers - Set of 2 with Silicone Lids, for Ice Cream, Meal Prep, Soup and Food Storage
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g