Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pecans, Bacon, and Cranberries — Delicious winter veggies roasted to perfection and then drizzled with honey and balsamic vinegar. This is the perfect side dish for the holiday season.
One of my all time favorite veggies here lately is roasted brussel sprouts. Earlier this year, I shared with you my Honey Butter Roasted Brussel Sprouts and now, I am sharing another great way to make this hearty winter veggie.
What really sets this dish off and makes it the perfect holiday side dish are the fresh cranberries I used. Because they are fresh cranberries, they are a little tart, but pairs well with the sweetness of the honey. If you want it sweeter, I would suggest using dried cranberries, but I liked the combination of the tart and sweet flavor combined.
This recipe is very simple and does not require a lot of time or energy put into it. So let me show you how easy it is to make.
How to Make Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pecans, Bacon, and Cranberries
Start by slicing the ends off of your brussels and splitting them in half. Lay them cut side down on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and add a whole bag of cranberries to the tray as well. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Roast in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
While the veggies are roasting, cook a 12 ounce pack of bacon until crispy. Chop up and set aside.
Once the veggies are done roasting, remove from the oven. Sprinkle the bacon over the top and add in 1 cup of chopped pecans. Mix together well.
Drizzle over two tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Mix together and serve to your guests!
I told you it was a simple and easy to make. Not a lot of fuss, which is my favorite kind of side dish to serve.
Here are a few of my other favorite side dishes for the holidays
Looking for More Side Dish Recipes?
Here are more Side Dish recipes:
- 1 Hour Soft and Buttery Dinner Rolls from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Apple Stuffing Muffin Cups from Blogghetti
- Braised Red Cabbage with Cranberry and Juniper from Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Peanut Slaw from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Creamy Kale and Corn from Magical Ingredients
- Garlic Parmesan Green Beans from Cookaholic Wife
- Mashed Potato Gratin from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon & Chives from Sweet Beginnings
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Pecans, and Cranberries from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Rice Salad from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Roasted Carrots with Carrot-Top Pesto from Kate's Recipe Box
- Skillet Corn from Devour Dinner
- Whole Roasted Squash from Art of Natural Living
- 1 12 ounce bag of fresh cranberries (or you can use dried cranberries if you do not like the tart flavor)
- 1 12 ounce pack of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 bag of brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, toss the Brussel sprouts and the cranberries. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the cooked and chopped bacon as well as the pecans. Toss together.
- Drizzle on the balsamic and the honey. Roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 1007mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 21g