These honey butter roasted Brussel sprouts are AMAZING. Roasted in the oven until they are golden brown and then topped with homemade honey butter and broiled in the oven for a few minutes.
I love roasted and grilled vegetables. There is just something special about veggies that have been slow-roasted in the oven.
These Brussel Sprouts are full of amazing flavor. After roasting in the oven and getting toasty and golden brown, I top them with my homemade honey butter.
Once they are done roasting, I top with them homemade honey butter. Then I throw them back in the oven under the broiler for about 3 minutes to melt the butter and toast the leaves a little more.
This will become your new favorite way to enjoy this leafy green veggie.
How to Make Honey Butter Roasted Brussel Sprouts
To start, you are going to need to purchase Brussel sprouts. This week, I found these small ones on the last chance rack at Kroger. I got two huge bags for only .99 making this meal a very inexpensive one.
That rack at Kroger is my favorite. I have gotten a lot of apples, avocados, pineapples, and more for only .99.
If you have larger Brussel sprouts, you will want to cut them in half. But, since these were on the smaller side, I left them whole.
Put the veggies on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
Now, season with salt and pepper. Place in a 400-degree preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Be sure to give them a toss occasionally.
Once they are done cooking, remove from the oven and add a few tablespoons of honey butter to the top of the Brussel Sprouts.
To make the honey butter all you need is —
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt (optional, add if using unsalted butter)
I keep this butter in the fridge all the time. I use it on everything and it is SO good.
Now, place the sheet pan back in the oven for 4 minutes under the broiler. When it is done, you have the most amazing Brussel Sprouts ever.
As I said, these are the best-tasting Brussel Sprouts you will ever make.
Looking for more veggie recipes? Check these out
- Grilled Vegetable Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Maple Cinnamon Acorn Squash
- Everything Bagel Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Blistered Green Beans
- 1 bag of Brussel Sprouts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the honey Butter
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- To make the honey butter, cream together the butter, honey, and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- Grab a sheet pan and put your Brussel Sprouts on them. If they are large, you may need to cut them in half. If they are small, just leave them whole.
- Drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. be sure to toss occasionally.
- Once the sprouts are done cooking, remove them from the oven.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Take 3 tablespoons of honey butter and place them on top of the sprouts.
- Place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss the sprouts.
- Serve with your favorite pasta dish!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g