This recipe for Spring Toffee Crack is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2020 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the warmer weather and flowers blooming than with food and a fun giveaway?
27 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! So stop thinking about cold and snow and get ready to enjoy the best spring sweets like cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and even beverages!
Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much to Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee, Anolon, Deiss Kitchenware, Adams Extract, and Fresh April Sprinkles for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes you can win!
How to Make Spring Toffee Crack
I first learned how to make toffee candy when I created this recipe for Christmas Crack a couple of years ago. I loved the flavor of it — and because the recipe is so versatile, you can pretty much dress it up however you want.
That is how I came to this recipe for Spring Toffee Crack. I was sent these amazing non-stick pans by Anolon. Whenever something says “non-stick” I really like to put it to the test to see just how non-stick it really is.
So, start by putting your saltine crackers on the cookie sheet. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
I love that this pan as the perfect tall lip on the side and rubberized handles for gripping better. The best part is that every recipe I have seen with toffee like this requires you to line the pan with aluminum foil. I did not.
Set this aside and make your toffee. It is super easy and only requires brown sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla.
In a saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar until everything is melted together.
You don't have to boil it or anything. Just let it all get melted together. Let it cook for about 3-5 minutes. Then add in the vanilla and salt.
Pour the mixture over your crackers and spread all the way to the edge.
Place your pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. This allows the mixture to caramelize and get all bubbly.
Remove from the oven and decorate to your liking!
Decorating the Spring Toffee Crack
Now normally, I would use chocolate chips, but since this is the Spring addition, I decided on white chocolate chips and spring colored sprinkles to give it that pretty glow.
We added just a hint of blue food coloring to our white chocolate to give it that robin's egg blue color.
You can either melt your chips ahead of time to add the food coloring or if you want yours just white, you can sprinkle the chips right on top of the hot toffee.
Then, just sprinkle on your favorite spring colored sprinkles
Once you get it all decorated, place it in the refrigerator to set. This usually takes just a few minutes to do. Sometimes I leave mine for a good hour to know it has really set, but you don't have to.
Then take it out, score it with a knife and break it into smaller pieces, giving it that “cracked” look.
And, as you can see, this pan is truly non-stick. Nothing, not even this super sticky toffee stuck to this Anolon Bakeware. I am 100% sold and switching all my bakeware out to Anolon — even my cookware too!
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan
Millican Pecan is giving one winner a Tower of Treats!
Millican Pecan began when E.E. Risien, founded the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800's at the junction of the San Saba and Colorado Rivers. He received much recognition for his experiments that altered the course of the pecan industry and helped to establish San Saba as the “Pecan Capital of the World.”
From this location, they developed many great pecan varieties, as well as a prosperous orchard that serves our customers well, even to this day. Today Millican Pecan is being run by the 5th generation, the one that launched the Millican Pecan website in 2002.
Visit https://millicanpecan.com/ to learn more about pecans, find delicious recipes, and buy their amazing pecans and pecan products.
Prize #2: Coffee Prize Pack from Door County Coffee
Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes.
Prize #3: Baking Gift from Dixie Crystals
Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a set of Nordic Ware Bundt Pans. This set contains one Chiffon Bundt Pan and one Vaulted Cathedral Bundt Pan perfect for decorative baking. Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners.
Our pure cane sugar products are all-natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit www.dixiecrystals.com for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, great ways to get kids baking in the kitchen, and plenty of baking videos.
Prize #4: Bakeware Set from Anolon
Anolon is giving one winner an Anolon Advanced 5 piece Bakeware set. This nonstick bakeware set includes two 8 inch round cake pans, one 8 inch square cake pan, a 10 x 15 cookie pan, and a 9.25 x 14 cooling rack!
It's the perfect set for any baker. Established in the 1950's, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights.
In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware and by 1986 they released the world's first hard-anodized nonstick cookware that would revolutionize the world of home cooking because the nonstick surface didn't flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior that is made with a special blend of sapphire-reinforced nonstick that is triple coated.
Visit https://anolon.com to see their selection of cookware, bakeware, tools, and to get amazing recipes.
Prize #5: Sprinkles Pack from Fresh April Sprinkles
Fresh April Sprinkles is giving one winner their choice of three 4 ounce bags of sprinkles!
The winner can choose from favorites like the Birthday Party Blend, Cotton Candy Blend, Pink Lemonade Blend, and so many others!
Fresh April Sprinkles was founded in the summer of 2019 by Lynn April who runs the food blog Fresh April Flours.
They produce small-batch, hand-blended sprinkles in a suburb outside of Philadelphia. Their sprinkle blends are carefully crafted with beautiful desserts in mind and can be a company based out of a suburb of Philadelphia.
Our sprinkle blends are carefully crafted with beautiful desserts in mind and can be custom blended just for you!
Visit https://freshaprilsprinkles.com to see the collection of sprinkles available or to find recipes from Lynn!
Prize #6: Baking Gift Pack from Adam's Extract
Adams Extract is giving one winner an Adams baking pack with 4-6 items including their amazing 4oz Adams Best® Vanilla Flavor.
This prize package is great for anyone who loves to bake! John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract in 1888 in Battle Creek, Michigan. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, Texas.
Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams created a new formula for vanilla. His wife tested it by whipping up a cake and announced, “John, this is the BEST flavoring I have ever used.”
“Well, that’s old man Adams BEST,” he responded. The name stuck, and Adams Best was born! Today, Adams manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, and many more.
To learn more about Adams Extract, to shop their products, or to find delicious recipes visit https://www.adamsextract.com.
Prize #7: Kitchen Gadget Set from Deiss Kitchenware
Deiss Kitchenware is giving one winner a kitchen utensil prize package! The winner will receive a digital thermometer, a grater, an apple slicer and corer set, and a 5 piece utensil set!
Deiss Kitchenware is a small, family-driven company that believes it's easy to cook with pleasure when you have the right tools.
This company will bend over backward to make you happy and the president of the company will even answer your letters!
They create easy to use, innovative, and reliable products for use in your kitchen. To learn more about the company and the products they sell visit https://deisskitchenware.de/.
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Bunny Carrot Cakes by Simply Inspired Meals
- Cake Batter Milkshakes by Kate's Recipe Box
- Carrot Cake Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Chocolate Raspberry Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Coffee Banana Breakfast Smoothie by Shockingly Delicious
- Coffee Brownies by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Coffee Chip No Churn Ice Cream by A Savory Feast
- Easy Lemon Cake Mix Cookies by Books n' Cooks
- Fairy Cakes by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Pecan Shortbread Bars by Frugal & Fit
- Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf by Blogghetti
- Lemon Poppy Seed Madeleines by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Raspberry Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mocha Cake by Fresh April Flours
- Mocha Mint Chocolate Cream Puffs by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Spring Toffee Crack by Jen Around the World
Thank you, Sponsors
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and products to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes.
All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness.
The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages.
Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
- 35 saltine crackers (about one sleeve, enough to line your tray)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- blue food coloring (optional)
- spring colored sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a 10x15-inch sheet pan with nonstick aluminum foil, making sure that the foil completely covers the bottom and sides of the pan. If using regular foil, spray lightly with baking spray. Line the saltine crackers in a single layer on the bottom. (If you are using the new Anolon Advanced bakeware, you do not need to line with aluminum foil)
- Place the brown sugar, butter, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until the butter melts. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 to 5 minutes, just until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to darken.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the hot brown sugar mixture over the saltine crackers. Spread to evenly coat the crackers.
- Move the pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. The caramel will be hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with white chocolate chips. if you are adding food coloring to your chips, you will need to place them in the microwave to melt. Do so in 15-second increments until starting to melt. Do not overheat or they will burn. Once melted, add in a few drops of blue food coloring.
- If not using the food coloring, you will need to place back in the oven for a minute or two to soften the white chips.
- Remove from the oven and use a knife to spread the chips out.
- Top with spring colored sprinkles and then place in the refrigerator to set.
- Once set, break apart into pieces and enjoy! Try not to eat it all in one sitting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g