Strawberry lemonade cupcakes are some of the best desserts I think I have made.
The fluffy cupcake, with a lemon curd center, and then topped with a fresh strawberry whipped frosting.
Then, we sprinkled on fun decorations and added a cute straw for decoration. Read on to learn how you can make these too.
I love it when I can make a super easy dessert that looks festive and fun. That is how I came up with these awesome cupcakes!
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
The base of the cupcake is a simple yellow cake mix from the store, but inside each cupcake is a dollop of my homemade lemon curd and then topped with the best Strawberry Buttercream Icing you will ever taste.
The icing is made with Dixie Crystals all-natural powdered sugar which gives my buttercream and even better flavor.
We topped our cupcakes with these adorable Pretty in Sprink sprinkles from Fresh April Sprinkles. Then we added the addition of these strawberry paper straws we found at Amazon.
For the buttercream, you don't even have to worry about piping. We wanted these to look rustic and like the top of a cream soda, so we used an ice cream scoop and added a huge dollop on top of each cupcake.
To get the lemon curd inside each cupcake, once they cool off, just use a piping 1″ round tip and you can make a well in the center without tearing up your cupcake.
Don't go all the way to the bottom. You want that to stay intact. Then, using your lemon curd, just fill the hole and set them aside.
Then make your buttercream and finish those gorgeous cupcakes off of the perfect dessert that looks so festive and fun. It definitely screams Spring to me!
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
These easy strawberry lemonade cupcakes are perfect for a spring party. They are festive and taste just like you would expect Spring to taste.
For the cupcake
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- homemade lemon curd or buy store-bought
- fun sprinkles and decorations
For the buttercream icing
- 1 pound (4 cups) of Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup Pureed Strawberries
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and bake the cake mix according to the package directions.
- Set aside and let them cool. Once they have cooled, using a 1" round piping tip, remove the center of each cupcake. Discard the centers.
- Fill the centers with the lemon curd. Set the cupcakes aside.
- For the icing, mix Powdered Sugar and Butter in a mixer on low.
Add Strawberry Puree and mix it until the right consistency.
- Take and plop a dollop of icing on each cupcake. Top with fun sprinkles and a paper strawberry straw.
- Set in the fridge to let the icing harden up and then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Friday 27th of March 2020
Pretty pink cupcakes are always a welcome sight...especially when they're lemonade!