If you want a refreshing summer salad, this watermelon cucumber feta salad is exactly what the doctor ordered. This has become my absolute favorite salad for summer dining!
It is the middle of summer and that means that cucumbers, watermelons, tomatoes, and more are all plentiful right now. If you want to make a delicious — one-of-a-kind salad, this watermelon cucumber feta salad is what you are looking for.
I discovered this salad whenever I went on a trip to San Francisco. I ordered it off the menu thinking I wouldn’t like it. However, the components intrigued me! I mean, think about — sweet watermelon, salty feta cheese, and delicious bites with a balsamic reduction drizzled across the top.
It’s pure perfection folks — pure perfection.
so — how do we put it together? It is super simple and easy!
How to Make the Best Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad
Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad is pretty straight forward in terms of flavors and ingredients. Watermelon, feta, cucumber, mint, salt, pepper, lime, and balsamic reduction.
It’s sweet and tangy and it all works so well that I wonder why this isn’t served at every single backyard get together. It’s a definite crowd-pleaser for sure.
So — start by cubing your watermelon and place in a bowl.
Next, slice a cucumber in half and with a spoon scoop out the seeded middle. If you use an English cucumber you can skip this step. Now, dice up the cucumber and place in the bowl with the watermelon.
Now, let’s make the balsamic reduction!
In a pot over medium-high heat, heat the balsamic vinegar, the sugar, and the salt together and then stir. Watch carefully – the glaze should begin to thicken after 5 minutes and you want it thick enough to stick to the back of a spoon, but not to thicken into a glob. It becomes very thick very quickly so watch carefully.
Once the glaze has thickened, remove it from the heat.
Put on those finishing touches!
Now, take some crumbled feta and sprinkle all over the salad. Chop up fresh mint and sprinkle over the salad as well.
Take your balsamic reduction and drizzle all over the salad. Sprinkle with a little salt and then enjoy!
Looking for other Watermelon recipes? Check these out
- 1/2 watermelon, about 4 cups, cubed
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled or cubed
- 1 medium cucumber, de-seeded and diced fine
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 lime
Balsamic Reduction (you can store the rest):
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Mix the watermelon, feta, cucumber and mint in a bowl.
- Grind the sea salt and ground black pepper over it to season, and squeeze the lime over.
- Gently stir together to combine.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- In a pot over medium high heat, heat all the ingredients and stir.
- Watch carefully - the glaze should begin to thicken after 5 minutes and you want it thick enough to stick to the back of a spoon, but not to thicken into a glob.
- It becomes very thick very quickly so watch carefully.
Once glaze has thickened, remove from heat.
- Drizzle over salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 906mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Protein: 7g