This recipe for Key Lime Bars is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2023 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks! The sun is shining, the weather is getting warmer, so, we are celebrating the beginning of spring with plenty of spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 20 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring.
Therefore, let's get ready to enjoy amazing spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, jams, and even a few beverages! Thank you to our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors that are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Melissa's Produce, Anolon, Taylor and Colledge, and Selefina Spices for your generosity and support. We have an incredible giveaway with four amazing prizes and would love it if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
If you are looking for a fun, non-alcoholic drink for the spring and summer, then this is it! When I received my produce box from Melissa's for this event, tucked away inside were some beautiful yellow dragonfruit!
I created a beautiful drink to showcase this amazing fruit and it makes this drink FIRE!
How to Make this Refreshing Non-Alcoholic Drink
The base of this drink is green tea, freshly brewed and then cooled down. Then it gets mixed with mashed dragon fruit that has been strained to remove the seeds and a sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
But here is what really makes this drink sing — Fleur De Sal and Crushed Pink Peppercorns.
Take the Fleur De Sel (flaky sea salt) and rim the glasses before putting any of the drink inside. I used a little honey to make the edges sticky and then coated them with the flaky sea salt from Selefina Spices.
Once you pour the drink, top it with some freshly crushed pink peppercorns. Trust me when I say that this little tidbit is going to make your drink SING!
For fun ice cubes to add to your drink, scoop a few balls out of the dragon fruit with a melon baller. Then, freeze them. Throw them in your drink right before serving.
Check Out these other delicious spring sweets recipes
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Enter to win
For a list of prizes for this event, please visit my post for Key Lime Bars. All the prizes are listed here.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank You, Sponsors
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Selefina Spices, Anolon, Melissa’s Produce, and Taylor and Colledge for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and products for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. So, by entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
- 2 yellow dragon fruit, 1 smashed and one scooped out into little balls and frozen
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons of pineberry syrup (available on Amazon)
- 1 cup of green tea, cooled
- 1/4 cup of honey
- fleur de sal
- crushed pink peppercorns
- Brew one cup of green tea according to the package. Set aside to cool.
- Squeeze the lemons to get the juice and then strain to remove any pulp from squeezing. Set it aside.
- Take one dragon fruit and mash it up with a fork until you get the desired consistency. Strain to remove any seeds from the dragon fruit.
- Add the lemon juice, honey, pineberry syrup, and green tea together. Stir to combine.
- Take a bit of honey and rim the glass. Add some flaky sea salt to a plate and rim the honeyed glass with the salt.
- Add your dragon fruit ice cubes and regular ice cubes to the glass. Now fill the glass with the green tea lemonade.
- Chop up some fresh mint and sprinkle on top with the crushed pink peppercorns.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 4gSugar: 45gProtein: 2g