This easy homemade guacamole recipe will become your go-to recipe when you are making Tacos on Taco Tuesday!
As much as I love guacamole, I knew it was time to find a recipe and make it homemade. It can get pretty expensive when you buy the pre-packaged stuff. So I set out to make a delicious batch of the stuff.
Guacamole is one of those condiments that taste absolutely delicious on nachos, tacos, enchiladas, and as a dip with your favorite tortilla chip or pita bread. I like to serve mine in this combination chips and dip bowl that I found on Amazon.
How to Make My Easy Guacamole
Of course, guacamole starts with just a few simple ingredients — avocados, limes, cilantro, and I like to add in just a bit of my easy restaurant salsa.
Here's a tip I learned: If you are not going to use all your avocado, leave the pit in the side you are not using. The pit will keep the avocado from turning brown!
Guacamole goes great on Mexican night with some of the favorites that I have made like Pork Tacos, Fried Chicken Tacos, and Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas.
Mexican night at home is a great way to cut the price of your grocery bill. It is a very inexpensive meal you can fix at home. In our home, we make our own taco shells, put together our own taco seasoning mix, and make our own salsa. Mexican night in our house is truly a delicious night!
Looking for more Mexican night inspiration? Check these out
- Restaurant Style Mexican Cheese Dip
- Homemade Mexican Rice
- Grilled Brat Tacos with Lime Horseradish Slaw
- Pineapple Salsa – Perfect for Tacos or for Dipping
What about you? What are your favorite Mexican dishes? Share with me in the comments below.
Making homemade guacamole is simple and easy.
- 3 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl place the avocado and lime juice, and then toss to coat.
- Drain any lime juice that is at the bottom of the bowl, and reserve it for later -- just make sure that the avocados have been coated.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash.
- Now, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice.
- Serve with your favorite tacos for the perfect Taco Tuesday!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g