This is the best and most authentic restaurant-style Mexican cheese dip you will ever taste.
This Restaurant Style Mexican Cheese Dip is my favorite cheese dip in the whole world. If you go out to a Mexican restaurant and you order the cheese dip, you will fall in love.
Now you can make it at home! It only uses 3 simple ingredients and is much cheaper and lower in carbs to make at home than it is to order at the restaurant.
Once you see how easy it is to make this cheese dip, you will want to make it again and again and again. It goes great with my Chipotle Chicken Nachos, or with my Pork tacos. You can even use it to top enchiladas and more.
This post was originally published on October 18, 2010, and republished today June 7, 2019.
How to Make Restaurant Style Mexican Cheese Dip
This cheese dip is crazy delicious and super easy to make. I love to serve it in the cute little salsa bowls that you can find at most Mexican restaurants. In fact, I purchased a set of 3 on Amazon for only $3!
We started making this a long time ago — in fact, it was when we had our first experience at a Mexican restaurant. I just started venturing out in the world of making homemade foods. My daughter and I hit the stores up looking for the ingredients to try and create our favorite cheese dip at home.
I have to say we succeeded. It turned out even better than we expected it to.
You can double or triple this recipe to make enough for your next get together. I have never tasted anything like this cheese dip. I will be honest, I like it even better than I do the actual Mexican restaurant cheese!
Looking for other tasty Mexican inspired recipes? Check these out
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Homemade Mexican Rice
- Pineapple Salsa – Perfect for Tacos or for Dipping
- Quick and Easy 15 Minute Shrimp Tacos #15minutesuppers
- Easy Guatemalan Guacamole
Want to know where I get ALL my meat from? I order it online from Perdue Farms! They now have meat subscription boxes full of chicken, beef, pork, bacon and more. Check them out and get your box started today.
- 1/2 pound White American Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of diced green chiles, chopped super fine
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cube the cheese and place in a saucepan with green chiles, garlic powder and milk.
- Heat on medium heat for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Once it is all melted together, if the cheese is still too thick, you can add more milk to thin it out to your desired consistency
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Have you ever made your own dips before? What are your favorite options to add in?