Whenever I make a great soup, it becomes a staple in our house — like my White Chicken Chili. This soup will warm you to the bones during a cold fall or winter day.
- 2 bone in chicken breasts boiled and shredded
- 1 small can green chiles
- 2 boxes chicken broth, or you can use your own stock
- 2 14.5 ounce cans of great northern beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sour Cream, for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- Put oil in the bottom of soup pot.
- Add onion. Cook until tender
- Add garlic and green chiles. Cook for 1 minute. Stir so you don't burn the garlic!
- Add cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Stir so as not to burn the garlic.
- Add chicken broth and beans.
- Add shredded chicken and 1 cup of the Monterey jack cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer on the stove for about 30 minutes. Then enjoy!
- garnish with fresh cilantro and sour cream.
What is your favorite soup recipe? Looking for another great recipe for soup? Try my Creamy Carrot and Red Lentil Soup. It is delicious!