This taco soup is the perfect weeknight dinner when you need something fast and delicious on the fly.
The minute the weather turns from Summer to Fall, I start making soups left and right.
Soup season is my favorite time of the year! I have a lot of complex soup recipes in my arsenal, but those quick and easy soup recipes are always right at the top of my list of my “must make” dinners.
This taco soup recipe comes together in about 20-30 minutes and is literally a dump and go soup. The hardest part is browning the ground beef.
How to Make Taco Soup
To make this soup, you only need a few simple ingredients. As I stated above, once you get the ground beef browned, from there, it is a simple dump and go recipe!
I like to brown a lot of ground beef when I come back from grocery shopping and keep it in the freezer. This cuts my time down on cooking when I make things like this soup recipe or even my most popular recipe — Mongolian Ground Beef Noodles.
When making this soup, or any soup for that matter, I love to use my 6 quart dutch oven.
It offers a lot of even heating and cooking and does great keeping the soup hot for an hour after you remove it from the stove.
Looking for other delicious soup recipes? Check these out
- Easy Beer Cheese Soup
- Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Quick and Easy Tomato Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Turkey Orzo Soup
- Sweet Corn Chowder
I love to also serve this soup with a batch of my homemade Classic Skillet cornbread.
Best Kitchen Supplies to Have on Hand When Making Soup
Making a batch of soup? Here are a few things I like to have on hand that makes soup making a lot easier.
I love having soup bowls with big handles on them. It makes it easier for handling so you don't burn yourself.
These soup spoons are perfect for making sure you get those bites with everything combined.
I keep a ton of these plastic storage containers on hand for freezing soups and other things as well.
Making sure your kitchen is well stocked when you make soups just makes it easier on you in the long run!
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can corn, undrained
- 1 (15-oz.) can RO*TEL diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing
- 2 cups of beef broth
- salt and pepper
- Sour cream, for garnish
- corn chips for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- avocados and lime slices for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook onion until it is soft, 5 minutes.
- Next, add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add beans, corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, and broth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste and if needed, add a little more salt and pepper for your preferred taste.
- Garnish with sour cream, corn chips, cilantro, cheese, lime wedges, and green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g