January is National Oatmeal Month so I am sharing this Chocolate Baked Oatmeal with you. This is a healthier version of oatmeal and because it is baked, it tastes like dessert!
I use oatmeal in a lot of my recipes. One of my favorites is my No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. This baked oatmeal dish reminds me of those cookies.
I added oat milk, honey, peanut butter, vanilla, oats, cocoa powder, ground flax, baking powder, some salt, and chocolate chips.
I mixed it all up in a bowl and then added it to a 6×9 baking dish. Bake it for about 40 minutes and then remove it from the oven and let it cool.
Now – if you like your brownies fudgy, then the 40 minutes is perfect for you. But, if you like a more cake-like brownie, you might want to let it bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
I adapted this recipe from the original from Healthy Girl Kitchen. There were some things she used that I did not have, so I had to use what I had on hand to make mine.
The cool thing is that you can make this recipe dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free to best suit your dietary needs. It is that versatile.
Check out these other delicious oatmeal recipes
- Baked Oatmeal with Berries from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries from Blogghetti
- Chai Tea Overnight Oats from Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal from The Spiffy Cookie
- Overnight Oats Lower Carb Option from Art of Natural Living
- Pebble Top Oatmeal Bread from That Recipe
- Rasmalai Oat Pancakes from Magical Ingredients
- Steel Cut Oat Pilaf from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- 2 cups oat milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything together in a big bowl.
- Pour into a 6x9 baking dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g