January is National Oatmeal Month so I am sharing this Chocolate Baked Oatmeal with you. This is a healthier version of oatmeal and because it is baked, it tastes like dessert!
I use oatmeal in a lot of my recipes. One of my favorites is my No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. This baked oatmeal dish reminds me of those cookies.
I added oat milk, honey, peanut butter, vanilla, oats, cocoa powder, ground flax, baking powder, some salt, and chocolate chips.
I mixed it all up in a bowl and then added it to a 6×9 baking dish. Bake it for about 40 minutes and then remove it from the oven and let it cool.
Now – if you like your brownies fudgy, then the 40 minutes is perfect for you. But, if you like a more cake-like brownie, you might want to let it bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
I adapted this recipe from the original from Healthy Girl Kitchen. There were some things she used that I did not have, so I had to use what I had on hand to make mine.
The cool thing is that you can make this recipe dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free to best suit your dietary needs. It is that versatile.
Check out these other delicious oatmeal recipes
- Baked Oatmeal with Berries from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries from Blogghetti
- Chai Tea Overnight Oats from Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal from The Spiffy Cookie
- Overnight Oats Lower Carb Option from Art of Natural Living
- Pebble Top Oatmeal Bread from That Recipe
- Rasmalai Oat Pancakes from Magical Ingredients
- Steel Cut Oat Pilaf from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
This chocolate-baked oatmeal tastes like a delicious healthy brownie! Perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and as dessert
- 2 cups oat milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything together in a big bowl.
- Pour into a 6x9 baking dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g