Looking for a simple way to incorporate more fruit into your morning breakfast meals? Check out this delicious recipe for Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bowls.
Blueberries are so good for you and are really fun to eat. We usually add them to salads, muffins, and even sometimes in our main dishes, but they are really just as good eaten by the handful.
Why We Love Cooking With Blueberries
One cup only has 80 calories and also contains 3.6 grams of fiber per serving. Because blueberries are grown around the world, they are now available year-round.
My daughter loves blueberries and because she likes them, it makes me want to make better food choices for my family, one of the best ways to do this is through purchasing fresh produce, like this high bush variety.
Some of my favorite recipes I have made with blueberries so far are these delicious homemade blueberry muffins.
How to Make Blueberry Breakfast Quinoa Boals
So here is what you need to make this delicious recipe!
Cook your quinoa according to the package directions and set aside. I usually just go ahead and plate some in my bowl so that it is ready to go when my milk gets done.
In another pot, add in your milk, cinnamon, and vanilla bean seeds from the pod until the milk is heated and warmed through.
Pour the milk over your quinoa and let it set for a minute or two.
Top with blueberries, slivered almonds, and drizzle with honey.
It is amazing! The best thing about this quinoa breakfast bowl is that if blueberries are not your favorite, just switch that out for whatever fruit is your favorite.
Check out These Other Blueberry Recipes On the Blog
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Summer Berry Fruit Parfait
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas
- Blueberry Flavored No-Churn Ice Cream
Here are some other great whole-grain recipes
Whole Grain Recipes
- 100% Whole Wheat Cinnamon Swirl Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Apple Pie Overnight Steel Cut Oatmeal from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bowls from Jen Around the World
- Mini Fruit Tartlets Recipe from In Our Spare Time
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Jelly Bombs from Magical Ingredients
- Wild Rice Pilaf from That Recipe
How do you incorporate Blueberries into your meals? What is your favorite way to eat them?
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- 1 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoon honey
- In a sauce pan, whisk together milk, cinnamon and vanilla bean seeds. Heat until warm and heated through.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Scoop the quinoa evenly into serving bowls. Serve immediately with heated milk mixture, topped with blueberries, almonds and a drizzle of honey.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 5gSugar: 37gProtein: 11g