The next time you have an urge for chocolate pie, try your hand at making a Chocolate Chess Pie. It may be just a southern gal thing, but this pie is SO scrumptious!
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 5 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sugar and cocoa together. Beat the eggs then add to the cocoa mixture. Beat in the milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into 9 inch unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until set. Let cool before slicing.
Nothing tastes better than Chocolate Chess Pie and a big old glass of milk. The chocolatey flavor mixed with the chess pie flavor brings you to a whole new level of awesome.
I remember the first time I tried this. We were at a church picnic and I had already spied the chess pie sitting on the counter, but when I heard someone mention that there was a Chocolate Chess Pie? Well — you know how me and chocolate go together. Chocolate Chess Pie is simply one of those desserts that you are going to want to eat over and over and over again.
What about you? Have you ever had Chocolate Chess Pie?