Looking for an easy and healthy chili recipe? This turkey and quinoa chili is full of delicious ingredients. The best part? It's considered clean eating making it great for a healthy dinner.
One of my new favorite things to cook with is Quinoa. I have been using it in breakfast meals, desserts, rice dishes, and more. Now, I can add chili to the mix with my delicious and tasty Turkey and Quinoa Chili.
This dish is SO packed with flavor and is super good for you too. This chili is packed with things like quinoa and black beans which add extra protein to your diet.
By adding ground turkey instead of ground beef, it makes it leaner and healthier.
This recipe is one you will want to add to your “must make again” list. It is so easy and in about 30 minutes you can have a fulfilling and healthy dish on the table.
Packed with hearty black beans, delicious veggies, lean ground turkey, and a little quinoa. I created this recipe because I was looking for a healthier version of chili than my normal simple easy chili recipe.
This dish takes just 30 minutes to make. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Do I have to Use Quinoa?
No — you do not have to use quinoa. You can leave it out. However, the quinoa adds extra protein to your dish and our bodies need lots of protein. Not only that but it is gluten-free.
Quinoa is considered a superfood because it is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
Can I Use Ground Beef Instead of Ground Turkey?
If you would prefer to use ground beef instead of ground turkey you can do that. Just swap them out.
Ground beef does have a larger fat content, so that will change the health factor of your chili.
This recipe makes delicious leftovers for lunch the next day, and freezes great as well! You could pair it with my classic Skillet Cornbread recipe or if you are in the mood for chicken and chili, check out my recipe for White Chicken Chili.
Serve the chili in these fun bowls and invite friends and family over for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 16-ounce package Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can of Rotel mild, undrained
- 1 Can of 14.5 ounce Diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- toppings: chopped avocado, lime wedges, plain yogurt or sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- In a large saucepot, heat oil over medium heat and add the onion. Cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent and softened.
- Add in the turkey, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beans, ROTEL, and quinoa, and then place on simmer for about 30 minutes or so until the quinoa cooks all the way.
- The chili will thicken over time. Ladle chili into bowls. Serve with desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 776mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 12gSugar: 5gProtein: 35g