This Cowboy Butter has been all the rage this year on TikTok and social media. It's an easy dipping sauce that takes grilled steaks, meats, seafood, and veggies to a whole new level. Trust me, if you make this once, you will have this on a weekly rotation in your home.
What Is Cowboy Butter?
Cowboy butter is a type of compound butter that’s packed with flavor and is often used as a condiment or finishing sauce for grilled meats, particularly steak.
To make this, simply combine various fresh herbs, Dijon mustard, spices, and citrus with melted butter to create a rich and savory mixture. It can be melted and used as a dipping sauce or chilled and used as a spread.
To make this, melt butter in a saucepan. Then, add in lemon, garlic, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika, fresh parsley, fresh chopped chives, fresh thyme, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
I like to leave mine melted and use as a dipping sauce. It really makes your steak sing!
Store in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
This also makes a great spread for things like garlic bread, etc.
Check out these other delicious sauce recipes
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until the garlic is golden. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the other ingredients and serve alongside your favorite steak or chicken meal.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g