This recipe for Autumn Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is part of the Fall Flavors recipe week. Thank you to the sponsors linked below for making this week happen. All opinions listed are 100% my own.
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
You will absolutely love how simple and easy this sheet pan dinner is.
During the fall, I do a lot of sheet pan cooking, therefore I have made so many delicious chicken dinners like my One Pan Ranch Chicken and Veggies.
How to Make Autumn Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
For this recipe, I chose to use skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs. They have the best flavors and offer the juicy chicken that I was going for in this recipe.
For this recipe, I brewed a batch of the Hot Apple Cider Tea and allowed it to cool. Once it has cooled, I poured it over my chicken and allowed it to marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. You can do it for as long as 30 minutes if you want. However, if you need to go longer you can.
Next, I mixed up 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, 3 cloves of minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon each of fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme.
I removed the chicken from the apple cider tea brine and then I poured the herb mixture all over the chicken. I massaged it into each piece of chicken.
While the chicken was resting, I prepared all my autumn harvest veggies I got from Melissa's Produce. You can really use any veggies you have on hand for this sheet pan dinner.
Getting Your Veggies Ready
It is very versatile. I love root vegetables and other hearty ones like these purple Brussel sprouts I got in my box.
For this recipe, I used Brussel sprouts, cipollini onions, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and carrots. I rough chopped all the vegetables and placed them all on a sheet pan.
I drizzled on 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkled them with salt and pepper.
Next, I put the chicken on top of the veggies and nestle them in together.
I add extra sprigs of rosemary to the pan and bake at 450 degrees for about 35 minutes.
The chicken should register about 165 in the center.
Broil during the last few minutes. As a result, you will get a more golden brown crispy skin on the chicken if you want.
That's all it takes to make an amazing sheet pan dinner. Everything you need cooking on one pan!
Check Out all the other Bloggers in this Roundup!
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Fall Charcuterie Board from The Fresh Cooky
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes from SueBee Homemaker
- Pecan Butter Bread with Apple Cider Butter from That Recipe
Soups and Salads
- Gullah Chicken Stew from Family Around The Table
- Autumn Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from Jen around the world
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Cipollini Onion Taco With Hatch Chili Cream from Magical Ingredients
- Apple Cider Caramel Dip from The Spiffy Cookie
- Butter Pecan Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Chewy Pecan Butter Cookies from Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Fresh Peach Pie from Hostess At Heart
- Honeybun Cake from House of Nash Eats
- Pecan Sandies from Eat Move Make
Enter to Win
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa's Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa's, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn's
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email because if they don't, they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter the giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 6 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon each of fresh minced thyme, sage, and rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large sweet potato, chunked with peeling on
- 1 pound of brussel sprouts (I used purple), sliced into halves
- 2 cups of cubed and peeled butternut squash
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced 1" thick
- 1 box of cipolin onions, peeled
For the Hot Apple Cider brine
- 2 tea bags
- 2 cups of water
- To make the brine, add the tea bags and water to a sauce and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the stove and allow it to cool completely.
- Place the chicken in a shallow pan and pour the brine over the top. Brine for 30 minutes up to two hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the brine.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and herbs in a bowl.
- Massage into chicken thighs making sure to coat the whole thing.
- Set aside to rest while chopping the veggies.
- Place the chopped veggies on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the veggies with remaining olive oil. Toss evenly to coat and then season with salt and pepper.
- Set the chicken thighs over the veggies.
- Roast in the oven until the chicken and veggies are golden brown and done about 35 minutes.
- The chicken should register to 165 in the center.
- Broil during the last few minutes for a more golden brown crispy skin on chicken if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 9g