This jalapeno popper grilled cheese sandwich combines my two favorite things — baked jalapeno poppers and an ultimate grilled cheese sandwich!
It's almost national grilled cheese day so I decided to create an ultimate smash up of my two favorite snacks! Read on to learn how to make the most amazing cheesy grilled cheese with a kick of spice!
How to Make a Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
To start off, take 2 jalapeno poppers and place them on a pan and under the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes. Be sure to flip them a couple of times.
Once they are done broiling, place the jalapenos in a zip lock bag and let them sit for 15 minutes. This will allow the skins to come loose. Remove them and then chop the jalapenos up. You can leave the seeds in if you want, but I take the seeds out because I don't want them to be super hot, but just have a nice heat to them.
Fry up some bacon and set it aside.
In a bowl, combine shredded cheese and cream cheese. Sprinkle in some onion powder and garlic powder. Add in the chopped jalapenos and mix well.
Take the bread and spread the cheese mixture on both sides. Place the bacon in the middle. Grab a skillet and heat on medium-high. Spread mayo on each side of the bread and brown until golden perfection.
Once both sides are browned, remove it from the skillet and allow it to rest on a plate for 5 minutes. Cut in half and enjoy!
Looking for more sandwiches? Check these out
- Low carb veggie sandwich
- Moistmaker Friends Thanksgiving Sandwich
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Get Your Grilled Cheese On!
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Bacon Tomato Grilled Cheese from Palatable Pastime
- Baked Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Devour Dinner
- Brie and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich from That Recipe
- Chicken Parm Grilled Cheese from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chili Crisp Grilled Cheese from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Easy Grilled Cheese Bacon Waffle from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Grilled Cheese Burritos from The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Ham and Cheese from Art of Natural Living
- Hatch Chili Potato Grilled Cheese from Magical Ingredients
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese from Jen Around the World
- The Mempho (Grilled BBQ Mac & Cheese Sandwich) from The Spiffy Cookie
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 jalapenos
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- Put the jalapenos on a pan and place under the broiler. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until blistered. Remove from the oven and immediately place in a ziplock bag and seal. Let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes to release the skins.
- While the jalapenos are working, fry up your bacon. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Remove the jalapenos from the bag and cut the end off and remove the seeds. Chop the jalapenos.
- In a bowl, combined softened cream cheese, shredded cheese, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix in chopped jalapenos.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly on all 4 pieces of bread. Place the bacon in between.
- Spread the outside of the bread with mayo and toast in a skillet over medium until the bread is nice and browned.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 668mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g