This Key Lime Bundt Cake screams Spring to me! Beautiful bright green colors and that amazing tart lime taste in a sweet bundt cake. It's the perfect way to celebrate the first day of Spring.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2022 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks! Flowers are starting to bloom, the weather is getting warmer, and we're celebrating with spring sweets and a fun giveaway!
This year 22 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring. So say bye-bye to the snow and cold weather and get ready to enjoy amazing spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages!
Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa's Produce, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn's for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love it if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win.
Lime desserts have always been a favorite of mine. The combination of sweet and tart is truly amazing and can be used in so many different ways. We use lime in a lot of our non-alcoholic beverage drinks and many desserts. One of my favorites is the Mojito Cupcakes I made a couple of years ago.
What Are Key Limes?
For this recipe, I was provided key limes in my box of produce from Melissa's produce.
Key lime is a hybrid citrus fruit that is green when picked and yellow when ripe. When you compare a regular lime to key lime, there are some differences. For one, key limes are smaller, more acidic, and have a stronger citrus aroma. The juice is also sweeter than regular limes. That is why they usually use key limes in more dessert-type dishes.
Other sponsors I used in this recipe are Dixie Crystals Sugar. The powdered sugar glaze on top is what really sets this cake over the top.
This cake is moist and made from scratch which is the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
Other Lime Recipes
If you love lime in recipes, then you definitely need to check out my other recipes. These key lime mini loaf cakes taste just as good as the bundt cake above.
If you are looking for a refreshing drink, this Cranberry Lime Spritzer has the perfect amount of lime flavor.
One of my most popular recipes is the Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Cheesecake.
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blood Orange Shortbread Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Carrot Bundt Cake from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Carrot Halwa Ice Cream from Magical Ingredients
- Coconut Pudding with Dragon Fruit from Shockingly Delicious
- Crystalized Ginger Scones with Sake Poached Asian Pears from The Spiffy Cookie
- Easter Candy Crack Bars from Cookaholic Wife
- Easter Charcuterie Board from Devour Dinner
- Frozen Lemonade Pie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hummingbird Cupcakes from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Bundt Cake from Jen Around the World
- Key Lime Pie from Blogghetti
- Perfect Key Lime Sugar Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Jelly Roll from That Recipe
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Easy Lemon Posset Tart from Art of Natural Living
- Lemon Scones with Lavender Glaze. from Family Around the Table
- Mocha Cream Puffs from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Orange Unicorn Doughnuts from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake from Palatable Pastime
- The Best Strawberry Lavender Muffins from Sweet Beginnings
- Strawberry Lemonade Mascarpone Cheesecakes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Don't Forget to Enter the Giveawaya Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out These Prizes
Prize #1: A $100 gift card to Melissa’s Produce and a 3 month produce subscription.
One winner will receive a $100 gift card to buy the freshest produce around! Melissa’s has everything from common apples and oranges to exotic passion fruit and rambutans. The winner will also receive a stunning selection of the most delicious produce around once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s Produce, the produce is selected at their peak perfection and packed by hand to ensure a safe arrival. A $224 value.
Prize #2:A candy making kit from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the candy making novice or even the most advanced candy maker! Dixie Crystals is providing one winner with everything they need to make candy. The winner will receive a waterproof candy thermometer, silicone candy molds, and stainless steel double boiler. A $50 value.
Prize #3:A 5 piece Bakeware set from Anolon
Create dozens of bakeshop treats from gooey bar cookies to peanut butter and chocolate brownies to banana nut bread and more with all of the essentials in an expertly curated nonstick bakeware set. This bakeware is designed to stand up to the rigors of everyday baking with the convenience craved by creative bakers. This 5 piece baking set includes Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, a 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, a 14-Inch x 16-Inch Cookie Sheet, and a 11-Inch x 14-Inch Cooling Rack. A $65 value.
Prize #4:An assorted box of baking supplies from Sweets & Treats
Sweets & Treats will provide one winner with an assorted box of baking supplies including liners, sprinkles, toppers, and other fun baking supplies. Sweets & Treats has the best selection of cupcake liners, cupcake topper, paper straws, and molds.
Prize #5:A Selection of three extract pastes from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla.
,h4>Prize #6: A selection of three flavors of Gluten Free Grahams from Nairn’s.
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products.
Thank You Sponsors
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and products to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway.
No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entries.
For the bundt cake
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Key lime zest
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
For the icing
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F°. Spray a 12-cup bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and lime zest on medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then add lime juice until everything is combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, making sure to alternate between dry and buttermilk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Spread out evenly.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Let cake rest for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert the cake to a plate and place onto a cooling rack.
- Let the cake cool completely before pouring on the icing.
- For the icing: Whisk together powdered sugar, Key lime juice, and milk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- When the cake is cool, pour the glaze all over the top.
- Garnish with extra lime zest, and lime slices if desired.
- Slice cake and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 1gSugar: 53gProtein: 6g