These Key Lime Mini Loaf Cakes are the perfect small bite of tart and sweet together. Mini cakes with a delicious key lime flavor infused throughout and then topped with a Sweet Lime glaze.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2021 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks! With the weather warming up and flowers beginning to bloom let's celebrate with spring sweets and a fun giveaway!
This year 24 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 100 sweet recipes that are perfect for the spring season. So say goodbye to the snow and cold and get ready to enjoy the best spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages!
Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa's Produce, Door County Coffee, Circulon, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn's for your generosity.
We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
One of my favorite things to do is to make delicious desserts and give them to my friends. Whenever I make my Pioneer Woman Lemon Bars, I always make sure to wrap a few up and pass them out to my best friends who absolutely love my cooking.
These Key Lime Mini Loaf Cakes were no different. After getting them all baked and prepared, a special friend requested one and he not only got one, but three!
Making these little loaf cakes are really simple and easy and they really do bring to life “Welcome Spring” for me.
How to Make Mini Key Lime Loaf Cakes
Be sure to check out my other recipes for Spring Sweets Week here —
To make these cakes a mini version, you need to make sure you have the right pan. For that, I am using the Circulon Mini Loaf Pan.
This pan is so perfect. It has a non-stick coating so when you get done baking your little loaf cakes, they just pop right out without any problem!
if you are like me and you love making sweet breads, this pan will come in handy in so many ways. I will definitely be passing out more loaves of cakes and breads to my friends with this pan.
So — let's talk about how to make these little cakes.
The Key Lime Flavor
I got in a huge box of produce from Melissa's Produce and inside I found a bag of Key Limes, so I knew right away what I wanted to do with these.
Baking with key lime is not new to me because I have made a Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Cheesecake (which by the way is absolutely my favorite cheesecake of all time).
Be sure to zest all the limes you are using before slicing them open. The zest is important to really bump up that lime flavor in your loaves and in the icing.
Once you get that done and you have your limes juiced, it really just comes down to making the batter and then baking those little cakes in the oven in that beautiful Circulon mini loaf pan.
Once the cakes are done baking and you have removed them from the pan, let them cool off a bit.
Mix together your powdered sugar and lime juice and the remaining zest and drizzle across your loaf cakes.
We drizzled ours about 3 times. We did one round, let it set up, and came back and repeated that process 2 more times. We wanted a thicker glaze on there so you could really taste it when you bite into one of these Key Lime Mini Loaf Cakes.
These cakes are so moist and delicious. You can store them in the fridge for a few days. it just enhances the key lime flavor inside each one. The cakes are light and fluffy and will literally melt in your mouth.
Thursday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Cake Muffins by Sweet Beginnings
- Carrot Sponge Cake by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Coffee Cinnamon Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crepes with Orange Butter and Almonds by That Recipe
- Easter Cookie Cake by Kate's Recipe Box
- Key Lime Mini Loaf Cakes by Jen Around the World
- Key Lime No Bake Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- Kumquat Lavender Marmalade by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Lavender Bread by Eat Move Make
- Mini Coconut-Lemon Quick Bread by Palatable Pastime
- No Churn Praline Coffee Ice Cream by For the Love of Food
- Raspberry Almond Cappuccino Parfaits by Blogghetti
- Raspberry Almond Scones with Coffee Glaze by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie by House of Nash Eats
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. is giving away one $50 gift certificate to doorcountycoffee.com so that one lucky reader can try any of their amazing coffees and teas.
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way – in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee. They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes.
Dixie Crystals is giving away one propane kitchen torch which is ideal for caramelizing creme brulee or roasting peppers in a snap!
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit https://www.dixiecrystals.com/ for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, and plenty of baking videos.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Circulon, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
For the cakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon key lime zest
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 Tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of key lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Grab your Circulon mini loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Beat in lime juice and zest.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- Pour into your mini loaf pans. Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack. Remove cakes and cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients. If the glaze is too thick add more lime juice. If it's too thin, add a little more powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle cooled loaf with glaze or serve the glaze on the side. Top with a key lime slice for added decoration.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 7g