The holidays are always so much fun around our home. Kayla, now that she is older, finds all kinds of creative ideas to do together– like making cinnamon dough ornaments.
You only need 2 ingredients to make these and they are as simple as mixing the two ingredients together, rolling out the dough, and using your favorite cookie cutters to make these fun ornaments.
How to Make Cinnamon Dough Ornaments
There are two basic ways to make these beautiful holiday ornaments. You can either let them air dry or bake them.
That's the beauty of this recipe. It is super kid-friendly when you air dry. Air drying takes the longest, but no supervision is needed.
Baking them is my favorite way. They get done faster. But the best part is your house SMELLS AMAZING!
Once the ornaments are dry, use Christmas ribbon through the hole made by the straw. Hang them on your Christmas tree!
My daughter loves making these. She's been making them since she was about 5 years old. It is a Christmas tradition that we will share for as long as I am alive. And one day — I get to do this with my grandkids. I cannot wait!
Check out these other fun Christmas Crafts!
- DIY Wooden Snowman
- How to Make Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments
- How to Create a Santa Pup Treat Jar
- Personalized Santa Pup Ornaments
What is one of your favorite Christmas traditions?
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 bottles, 2.37 oz. each McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- Cookie cutters
- Drinking straw
- Colorful ribbon
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Mix applesauce and cinnamon in small bowl until a smooth ball of dough is formed.
- (You may need use your hands to incorporate all of the cinnamon.)
- Using about 1/4 of the dough at a time, roll dough to 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Peel off top sheet of plastic wrap. Cut dough into desired shapes with 2- to 3-inch cookie cutters. Make a hole at top of ornament with drinking straw or skewer.
- Place ornaments on baking sheet.
- Bake 2 1/2 hours. Cool ornaments on wire rack.
- (Or, to dry ornaments at room temperature, carefully place them on wire rack. Let stand 1 to 2 days or until thoroughly dry, turning occasionally.)
- Insert ribbon through holes and tie to hang.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 12Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g