This Mediterranean Chopped salad in Pitas recipe is simple, easy to make, and perfect to help you beat the heat. No cooking is required and ready in less than 20 minutes.
I love when I can make a recipe that not only tastes amazing but can also be made without turning the stove on.
This salad comes together quickly and is very filling thanks to the chickpeas and all the delicious veggies inside.
So let me show you how I make this.
How to Make Mediterranean Chopped Salads in Pitas
The one thing I love about this salad is that you can literally use any veggies you have on hand. I like this recipe because it also helps me clean out the fridge of any product that needs to be used up.
For this actual recipe, I used cucumber, lettuce, one can of drained chickpeas, avocado, diced tomatoes, feta cheese, dill, and red onion.
Then, we made a mint yogurt tahini dressing to go on top that made this chopped salad SING!
Once you get it all mixed up together, stuff it inside a pita pocket for a delicious and tasty dinner. If you want, you can toast up the pitas — which takes about 3-5 minutes. It allows them to get crispier and adds a little crunch to the salad.
This salad really tastes amazing and is a great way to get a dose of veggies in for sure.
Beat the Heat Recipes
- Best Tomato Sandwich from Palatable Pastime
- Calypso Carribean Cobb Salad from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Hezzi-D Club Sandwich from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Keto Caprese Wrap from Magical Ingredients
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad in Pitas from Jen Around the World
- Shrimp Ceviche with Pickled Onion from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Strawberry, Rhubarb, & Pear Salad from The Spiffy Cookie
- Summer Fruit Salad from The Freshman Cook
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint from Books n' Cooks
- White Gazpacho from That Recipe
Check out these other amazing recipes to help you beat the heat
- 15 Minute Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 15-Minute Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- Quick and Easy English Muffin Pizzas
- 6 pita pockets, toasted
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 cup of chopped lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives chopped
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup of greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- handful of mint
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Take all the chopped veggies and throw them in a bowl.
- Drain the can of chickpeas and drop them in also.
- In a blender, combine all the dressing ingredients and blend until everything is chopped and pureed.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and mix well together.
- Stuff in pita pockets and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 456mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 7g