These Copycat PF Chang‘s Chicken Lettuce Wraps are even better than the originals. You will love the sauce and just how easy it is to make these delicious little bites of goodness!
I have made it a goal for my family to learn how to make everything we love to eat at all of our favorite restaurants. Copycat recipes are pretty hot right now. Going out to eat can get really expensive but making the food at home has its benefits! Like these beautiful and delicious Better Than PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
If you are looking for a healthy alternative dinner then these Asian chicken lettuce wraps are the BEST lettuce wraps ever!
How to Make The Best PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
To make these delicious lettuce wraps, you only need about 20 minutes of your time and just a few simple ingredients —
- Butterhead or Bibb Lettuce
- Ground Chicken
- Veggies of your choice — I used carrots, green onions, and mushrooms
- Lettuce wrap sauce
- crunchy and salty roasted peanuts
In a wok, start out by cooking some onions, ginger, and garlic, followed by some ground chicken, crumbling it up as you go. If you cannot find ground chicken, you can use the KitchenAid meat grinder to grind some. If you do not have one of those, you can just dice the meat really fine and cook it that way.
Next, add in your crunchy veggies and the peanuts. Let it saute until the carrots have softened a bit, a couple of minutes.
Once that is cooked, add in your sauces and then season with salt and pepper for taste. Let it cook for a bit until the sauce has thickened just a bit.
Place the lettuce leaves on a plate and top with the chicken mixture. Add a few sprinklings of sesame seeds and enjoy!
Check out these other delicious copycat recipes
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes
- Longhorn’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Cheesecake Factory Honey Wheat Brown Bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce or bibb lettuce
- Heat the olive oil in a wok over medium heat. If you do not have a wok, you can use a skillet. Add the garlic, ginger, and onions, cooking until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned, crumbling as it cooks.
- Next, add in the veggies -- carrots, green onions, and nuts. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, and green onions.
- Taste the filling and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon a bit of the mixture into each leaf of butter lettuce. Top with sesame seeds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 16g