Don't you just love the Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole? It is one of my favorite side dishes, so today I am sharing a copycat version of this potato dish with you.
One of my favorite foods is the Hashbrown casserole that you can get from Cracker Barrel. After eating this several years ago, I decided to do my best to recreate it to serve to my family during the holidays.
This easy casserole is a dump and bake dish, which happens to be my favorite kind of dish to cook.
This recipe tastes just as good, if not better than Cracker Barrel. Not only is this the perfect side dish to serve during the holidays, but I love taking this to potlucks at church as well.
It can be served hot or at room temperature to your guests.
The best thing about this casserole dish is that it is so versatile. You can add chopped ham to it to give that meaty substance, but if you are all about the veggies, load it up with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and more.
How to Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
To start with, you are going to need a good 9×13 baking dish. I like this style that comes with a lid. I also have one of these insulated casserole carriers as well. I use this whenever I transport my hashbrown casserole to functions and potlucks.
In a bowl, combine all your ingredients and mix them together.
Make sure to thaw your hashbrowns before adding them so that everything sticks together well.
You will have cheese, hashbrowns, cream of chicken soup, onions, salt, and pepper.
Then, just put everything together in your baking dish.
Make sure to smooth it out evenly.
Bake for 30-45 minutes and then serve to your guests. The cheese gets all melted and gooey. It is truly one of the best casserole dishes I have ever eaten!
Looking for more copycat recipes? Check these out!
- Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Sonic Lemonberry Slush
- Rafferty's Hot Bacon Dressing
- Starbucks Caramel Machiatto
- Cheesecake Factory Honey Wheat Bread
- Outback Steakhouse Blooming Onion
- Hooter's Fried Pickles
- Outback Steakhouse Brown Bread
- Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken
- Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Cheesecake
- Outback Alice Springs Chicken
- Sonic Strawberry Limeade
- 2 pound package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 10.75 ounces can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray one 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, onions, soup and cheese. Gently mix and pour into prepared pan or dish. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 1324mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g