This copycat Longhorn's Parmesan Crusted Chicken is spot on with what you get at the restaurant. This recipe came straight from one of the chef's in their kitchen so I wanted to share it with you as well.
This post was originally published on March 6, 2010.
One night when Stephen and I went to Longhorn's for date night, we got their Parmesan Crusted Chicken and fell in love with the flavors. I knew it was something I wanted to re-create at home. It had THE BEST taste.
I asked our waitress what was in the sauce and she gave me the COMPLETE recipe! I was shocked that they shared it with me.
Putting together the Longhorn's Parmesan Crusted Chicken
I made my version of it last night and it was SO good! Stephen even said it was his new favorite. I paired it with my blistered green beans and homemade mashed potatoes and no-knead bread that I shared before. It was a wonderful restaurant meal for a fraction of the price!
You would not think that ranch and Parmesan cheese would be good together but it is delicious!
The panko bread crumbs add a little bit of a crunch and add a touch of elegance not expected.
I love making copycat meals of some of my favorite restaurant foods. Check the blog out for recipes like delicious brown bread from Cheesecake Factory. I have also made Chicken and Gnocchi Soup from Olive Garden, and Olive Garden Dressing and more!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of creamy ranch dressing
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of shredded provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the thermometer stuck into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together ranch, parmesan cheese, garlic, and 1/4 cup of provolone cheese, and then set this mixture aside.
- After the chicken is done cooking, remove it from the oven and turn your broiler on. Take your creamy cheese mixture and put it on each piece of chicken. Put it on as thick as you like. Sprinkle on each piece of chicken the remaining provolone cheese. Top that with a sprinkling of the panko bread crumbs.
- Place chicken under the broiler until the cheese is melted and the panko bread crumbs have browned a little on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 780mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 46g