These shitake mushroom sheet pan nachos are super easy to make and so budget friendly!! Skip the meat and indulge in the tasty goodness of mushrooms.
I love when I can find a delicious and easy recipe that is MEATLESS to help out my grocery budget. We discovered these nachos one day when we were cleaning out the fridge.
I had some shitake mushrooms that I needed to use up before they went bad. My daughter chopped them up and fried them in a skillet. When finished, they turned out just like chicken, so decided to throw them over some nachos with all of our favorite taco toppings for the perfect weeknight dinner.
How to Make Mushroom Sheet Pan Nachos
These nachos can be made with any kind of mushroom you have on hand. A lot of the time, I make pan-fried Lions Mane Mushrooms and those work well on these nachos also.
Use whatever mushrooms you have on hand. Pan fry them and then set them aside. Now, take a sheet pan and lay out the tortilla chips. Sprinkle on the mushrooms and some shredded cheese.
Place under the broiler in the oven just until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and add all your favorite taco toppings! That's it! Dinner on the table in about 15 minutes.
We love everything about these nachos and the best part? It is VERY budget-friendly! A box of mushrooms will run around $4, but a pack of chicken or ground beef in my area is around $12-$14! This whole meal will feed a family of four for about $10 total.
Budget Friendly Meals
- Broccoli and Cheese Potato Soup from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- One-Pot Cheesy Taco Barley Skillet from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Shitake Mushroom Sheet Pan Nachos from Jen Around the World
- Southern Salmon Patty Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- TVP Tacos from That Recipe
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Check out these other budget-friendly recipes below
Shitake Mushroom Sheet Pan Nachos
These mushroom sheet pan nachos are perfect for a budget-friendly meal.
- 1 package of mushrooms of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning mix
- diced tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- green onions chopped
- sliced olives
- Tortilla chips
- Chop mushrooms and place in a skillet with a tiny bit of oil. Saute with 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning until the mushrooms are crispy. Set them aside.
- On a sheet pan, spread out your tortilla chips. Top with the mushrooms and shredded cheese. Place under the broiler in your oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g