This recipe for Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup comes from the cookbook, The I Love My Instant Pot Cooking for One Recipe Book.
It's September and for me, that is the beginning of soup season around here. One of my all-time favorite soups is Broccoli and Cheese Soup. No one around here except me and my daughter likes this soup.
I was excited to try out the recipe I recently found in the I Love My Instant Pot Cooking for One Recipe Book. This whole entire cookbook is geared towards recipes for one or two.
What I find so funny about this recipe is that my daughter, who is 23 has never cooked in an Instant Pot. She has always been a little afraid of using it.
She wanted to make this recipe, so I let her do it and now, she is 100% hooked on the Instant Pot and LOVES this cookbook.
If you have someone who is single or a college student, this would be a great investment and housewarming party for them.
How to Make Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup
This soup from start to finish takes about 10 minutes total. For this recipe, you can use fresh or frozen broccoli. I prefer fresh, but what you use is totally up to you.
Also, when making this soup, if you would rather have smaller pieces of broccoli, all you have to do is cook the soup for a couple of extra minutes.
To the Instant Pot, add the broccoli, chicken broth, onion flakes, garlic, carrot, paprika, and salt.
Close the lid and turn the knob to sealing. Then, turn the Instant pot on. For bigger florets, cook for 4 minutes. For smaller chunks, cook for about 6-7 minutes.
When the timer beeps, turn the knob immediately to vent and let all the steam release.
Remove the lid and hit the saute button and adjust to high.
In a small bowl, whisk cream and flour together. Add it to the soup. Let it saute for about 3 minutes until thickened. Press the cancel button and turn off the heat. Now, add in the cheddar.
Lose soup recipes? Check these out
- Autumn Harvest Soup
- Quick and Easy Taco Soup
- Easy Beer Cheese Soup
- Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup for Two
This soup makes enough for two people and can be ready in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of minced carrot
- pinch of paprika
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- To the Instant Pot, add all the ingredients except the cream, flour, and cheese.
- Close the lid and turn the knob to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and adjust the time to 4 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, immediately turn the knob from sealing to venting. Once all the pressure releases, remove the lid.
- Press the saute button and adjust to high.
- In a small bowl, whisk cream and flout into a paste. Add it to the soup, whisking for about 3 minutes.
- Once the soup has thickened, hit the cancel button to turn off the heat.
- Slowly whisk in the cheddar, then transfer to a bowl and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g