Slow cooker baked potatoes are simple and easy to make and are a perfect side dish to make to go with just about any meal.
If you are like me, any way that I can make cooking and baking more simple, I am all for it. Making baked potatoes in the oven is great, but since I have learned how to make them in the slow cooker, I may never do it any other way again!
How to Make Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Making these are simple and easy. The slow cooker really does most of the work for you.
Start by grabbing some sheets of aluminum foil. You want to make sure you have just enough to cover and wrap the potato when done.
Rub olive oil on your potatoes, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Wrap tightly with aluminum foil and place in your slow cooker. You can cook a ton in here. They can be stacked, making this an easy way to make these delicious potatoes.
How long you cook baked potatoes in the slow cooker can vary based on the size of the potatoes.
I usually cook mine for about 2 1/2 hours on high or around 6 to 8 hours. To be sure if they are done, test with a fork. If the potatoes are fork tender, then they are done.
Once you have cooked the potatoes, they can be broiled or grilled for a few minutes if you’d prefer a crispier skin!
Then, top with your favorite baked potato toppings for a delicious meal idea or as a side dish.
More Potato Recipes You Will Love
- The best homemade potato skins
- Hassleback Potatoes
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Paula Deen's Grilled Potatoes
Welcome to our #NationalSlowCookerMonth Celebration!
January is National Slow Cooker Month and this week we are celebrating all things slow cooker! We have delicious recipes from across the country to fill your meal plans with delicious slow cooker recipes!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Simple Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes from Jen Around the World
- Slow Cooker Rajmafrom Magical Ingredients
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes from Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich with Au Jus from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cream Cheese and Potato Chowder from Palatable Pastime
- Terriyaki Ribs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Olive Garden Crock Pot Chicken from The Fresh Cooky
- Slow Cooker Italian Sunday Gravy from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Crockpot Cheddar Broccoli Soup from Life Love and Good Food
- Easy Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole from Devour Dinner
- Dutch Oven or Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs from Art of Natural Living
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti from Our Good Life
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Tender baked potoates made using a slow cooker. Simple and easy side dish.
- 8 medium sized baking potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- aluminum foil
- Wash potatoes and poke each with a fork a few times.
- Rub with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and then place in slow cooker (no water required) and cook on high for 3 hours or low 6-8 hours or until fork tender.
- For a crispier skin, broil potatoes for a couple minutes before serving!
- Top potatoes with sour cream, bacon bits, chives or your favorite toppings!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Monday 17th of January 2022
Set it and forget it! What a great way to bake potatoes!
Thursday 13th of January 2022
Great idea to use slow cooker! Yum! I am going to make this weekend!
Wednesday 12th of January 2022
My husband is a baked potato fiend (like wants one every day). I'll have to try this.
Tuesday 11th of January 2022
This is my new favorite go-to side dish recipe! I love how easy these are to prep and the potatoes come out perfect every time!
[email protected] of Natural Living
Tuesday 11th of January 2022
I never knew you could do this! This could be a lifesaver for a big party when the oven is being used for other things!