This past week I tried my hand at making Paula Deen's Grilled Potatoes. We were having her yummy Puff Pastry Burgers, and I wanted a potato side dish to go with them, so I tried my hand at making these and they turned out delicious!
I will say that these do better if you use a gas grill where you can control the heat better. I used charcoal and had to share all that with my meat so that by the time my meat was done, my heat was slowly going away.
With that being said, these turned out awesome! Be sure and try them sometime. You will LOVE them!
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- Large Idaho or russet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat and grease grill. Boil potatoes in water for 6 minutes, until slightly cooked but raw in center.
- Strain potatoes in a colander.
- Place potato slices on grill. Using a pastry brush, apply butter and sprinkle each slice with salt and pepper.
- Grill potatoes slices for 4 to 5 minutes(if using gas--more if you are using charcoal) and flip slices, repeating with butter and salt and pepper. Cook until grilled through.
These potatoes taste great sprinkled with Paula Deen's House Seasoning mix, which I keep on hand all the time. It is SO easy to make!
I have been making a ton of Paula Deen recipes lately. She seems like the only cook I can totally relate to — she's southern, loves her family, and loves to cook. What's not to LOVE about her?
Be sure to check out all the other recipes I have listed below. They are all wonderful and got rave reviews from my family.