This recipe for Spaghetti Squash Fritters with Tomato Basil Salad is the perfect breakfast or brunch dish. It's light and healthy and so filling!
A couple of weeks ago Kayla was in the kitchen experimenting with spaghetti squash and came up with this amazing recipe. She is so good at taking food and throwing it together and out comes a gorgeous recipe.
The tomato basil salad that covers the spaghetti squash fritter is so fantastic. The flavors meld so well together! Since our basil bush is going so crazy we are trying to use it in just about every dish we create these days.
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Fritters
To start with, you will want to cook your spaghetti squash. I like cooking mine in the Instant Pot because it cuts down on the time by 60%!
Once your spaghetti squash gets done cooking, you will take half of it and scoop it out into a bowl. Add to that 2 eggs, salt, pepper, 2 garlic cloves minced, 1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese, and some chopped green onions.
Mix all together.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat and place all the spaghetti squash into the pan. Press down with a spatula like you are making it a pancake.
Once the side is brown and toasted, use a plate on top of the skillet and invert onto the plate and then slide back into the skillet to brown the other side.
Once it is brown, slide the fritter onto a plate or you can use a cutting board like we did.
How to Make a Tomato Basil Salad
Combine 1/2 of an avocado diced, 1/3 cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, juice of half of a lemon, 2 basil leaves, chopped, salt and pepper.
We decided to add into our salad a handful of spinach and arugula mix as well as top it with a sprinkling of Feta cheese. If you want to find another great recipe using tomato and basil together, check out this delicious Healthy Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken Meal Prep recipe.
That's it! This is one of the most perfect and delicious brunch ideas that Kayla has ever come up with.
You can serve it whole to the table and let everyone take a slice, or you can sllice it and serve it to your guests just like a piece of pie.
For the Fritter
- 1/2 of a cooked spaghetti squashed removed from the hull
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of green onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Tomato Basil Salad
- 1/2 of an avocado diced
- 1/3 cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 basil leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Feta Cheese
- Spinach and Arugula mix
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the spaghetti squash fritter.
- In a skillet on medium, add in a tablespoon of oil and pour your fritter mixture into the pan.
- Let it cook for about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take a plate and invert it onto the skillet. Flip the fritter out onto the plate and then slide it back into the frying pan so that the other side can brown as well.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes on the other side until it is nice and crispy.
- Slide out onto a plate and set aside.
- In another bowl combine all the ingredients for your tomato basil salad. You can add in the optional ingredients if you want at this point.
- Sprinkle with Feta Cheese and enjot!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
For More Delicious Brunch Ideas, check out these recipes:
- Egg in the Hole with Bursted Tomatoes (Perfect Mother’s Day Brunch Idea)
- Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal #backtoschooltreats
- Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast Featuring Bays English Muffins
- 3 Ingredient Hollandaise Sauce – THE Sauce You Need for Those Perfect Poached Eggs
What is your favorite way to use Spaghetti Squash?