The minute September rolls around, I am all about that pumpkin flavor. This recipe for Pumpkin Bread is one of my family's favorite. I've been making it for years and I have finally gotten it to the point that it is super moist and oh so delicious.
Be careful though! Once you start eating it, you won't be able to stop. It's that good!
This recipe is simple as can be, yet it’s the most delicious classic pumpkin bread. Just flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and a pinch of salt mixed with some pumpkin puree, oil, sugar, and eggs. Nothing unnecessary, nothing extra.
For me, making pumpkin bread brings back so many memories of me as a little girl in my momma's kitchen. She would only make it every year during the fall months. I would walk in the door after a long day at school, and smell that delicious pumpkin smell in the air.
On days that momma made this bread, she would save the bowl for me to lick (because in our house, those dessert cakes and bread required an expert bowl licker –which is what I was!
I would grab a slice and sit down to do my homework, and at that moment, I knew all was right with the world again.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. I've passed on my love of Super Moist Pumpkin bread to my kids and now, they look forward every year to when we start making this scrumptious bread.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 14.5 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe? If you like pumpkin flavors, be sure to check out my recipe for Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies.