This Texas Sheet Cake Cookies recipe is the softest cookie you will ever eat. They are made with a cake mix and then covered in a simple cooked chocolate frosting.
If you are a fan of the traditional Texas Sheet Cake then you will ADORE this cookie.
Any time I can make cookies that use a boxed cake mix and it makes my life easier, I am all for it! These cookies are so delicious and super easy to make. From start to finish, I think it literally took me about 20 minutes to put these cookies together.
You can make them small using a smaller cookie scoop, or you can make them as I did with a medium-sized cookie scoop.
Using a cake mix to make cookies is such a great time-saving tip because they take a small number of ingredients and the cookies are AMAZING!
- Caramel Tassies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Thumbprints by Hostess At Heart
- Christmas Shortbread Cookie Bars by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Date Sugar Walnut Cookies by Magical Ingredients
- Earl Grey Snickerdoodles by The Spiffy Cookie
- Easy Cake Mix Biscotti by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies by Best Cookie Recipes
- Gingerbread Penuche Sandwich Cookies by That Recipe
- Ginger Spice Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms by Frugal & Fit
- Hot Chocolate Cookies by Blogghetti
- Iced Gingerbread Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Maple Doodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini M&M Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Oatmeal Shortbread Cookies by Shockingly Delicious
- Orange Ginger Refrigerator Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Peppermint Meringues by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Peppermint Mocha Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Reese's Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sugar Plum Pinwheel Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Check out these other delicious cookie recipes
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
Delicious and decadent chocolate cookies that have the taste of a Texas Sheet Cake.
For the cookie
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cookie ingredients in a large bowl and mix until completely incorporated. The dough will be thick.
- Using a cookie scoop and scoop the cookies onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 4-5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Repeat until you have made all the cookies.
- To make the frosting -- Combine the first 3 frosting ingredients in a saucepan and whisk until the mixture has melted.
- Remove from the heat, add in the powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Now, pour the frosting over the cookies using a spoon.
- Let the frosting set before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
Tuesday 29th of November 2022
I absolutely love Texas sheet cake! I am going to make these cookies this year during the holiday season! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us. Merry Christmas Jenn❤️🤗
Wednesday 30th of November 2022
You are so welcome. They are going to LOVE this recipe!
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Saturday 12th of November 2022
What a great simple recipe for the busy holiday season! Now I can spend more time decorating trees instead of baking all day!
Wednesday 16th of November 2022