These Air Fryer Corn Ribs have got to be my new favorite side dish. Delicious fresh corn that has been quartered and cooked with your favorite spices in the air fryer. When you bite into these, you will never eat corn the same way again.
Anytime I can find a fun new way to make corn on the cob, I am going to give it a try. When I saw this food trend taking hold on Tik Tok, I knew I was going to jump on the bandwagon and give it a try. I am so glad I did.
How to Make These Seasoned Corn Ribs
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients —
- Fresh sweet corn
- olive oil
- fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley
- chili powder
- brown sugar
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- kosher salt
- ground cumin
- fresh ground black pepper
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Remove the husk and silk from the ears of corn. Cut off the top of the corn and the bottom of the corn so it sits flat. Make sure the widest end of the corn is at the bottom.
Cut each cob into quarters lengthwise. Stand the cob on one end and cut it in half. Now, take each half and cut it in half. You should end up with 4 long pieces. Don't worry if they break apart and you have shorter ribs. Just cook those also. Mine broke several times and I cooked them anyway.
In a small bowl, mix the butter and all the seasoning ingredients. Now, spread the smoky rub on the corn side with a pastry brush. I always have extra left over so I save that to brush on after they come out of the air fryer.
Place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket and spray it with olive oil spray. Lay the corn ribs in a single layer on the basket tray. Air fry for 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer and baste again with the leftover butter mixture. I also like to squeeze on some lime juice and top with Cotija cheese or feta cheese — whichever you have on hand.
Great Toppings to Choose From
Sprinkle on the fresh parsley or cilantro on the air fried corn ribs for the perfect touch. You could even add some sour cream or Parmesan cheese to the top as well. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe really reminds me of my Blackstone Mexican Street Corn recipe. It has the same flavor but with a bbq feel to it. It really is a great side dish and would compliment any protein you serve.
Can I Bake These in the Oven?
For the oven method, take the half cobs and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
This is the best way to cook them, but the air fryer is my absolute favorite because of how quick and easy it is.
Can I Cook Whole Corn Cobs?
If you want to cook whole corn cobs and use this recipe, you can. Just follow my Oven Roasted Corn Cob recipe for the directions. Use the spice mix from above to make whole Spiced Corn.
How to Store the Corn Ribs
Once the ribs have cooled to room temperature, just store them in an airtight container in the fridge. These are good for several days after.
To reheat them, just throw them back in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 5 to 7 minutes.
For More Air Fryer Recipes Check These Out
- 2 corn cobs, shucked and silk removed
- 3 tablesoons of butter melted
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro or parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees
- Cut the ends off the corn cobs. The widest side should be at the bottom.
- Cut the corn into 4 pieces lengthwise. Cut the corn in half and then cut each half in half.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and the seasonings.
- Spread the mixture on each corn rib on the corn side.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer and place the corn ribs on the parchment paper.
- Bake in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and baste with the extra BBQ mixture.
- Sprinkle on the cilantro or parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g