Peaches are in abundance right now! Why not try making the best homemade peach cobbler that you have ever made?
This dessert takes just a few minutes to throw together. The rest of the time is spent cooking in the oven. I love desserts that come together so quickly like this one.
Making peach cobbler from scratch is really the best way to enjoy the dish. It’s super easy to make and absolutely heavenly to eat.
Last year, I won a huge box of peaches from Harvest Crate. Because of that, I wrote a post on all the different ways to use up overripe peaches. This year, I have not gotten as many peaches. But, anytime I go to the farmer's market, I grab a few.
When I had a reader reach out and ask me what my favorite recipe was for making a homemade peach cobbler, I knew I had to oblige!
I like to top mine with homemade vanilla bean ice cream or fresh whipped cream. A lot of people like to eat theirs after it cools, but my favorite way is right out of the oven when it is piping hot.
How to Make The Best Homemade Peach Cobbler
If fresh peaches aren’t an option, then grab a bag of frozen peach slices, but if available, fresh is best.
The hardest part about this recipe is peeling the peaches and getting them ready. Those peaches, cooking on the stove top with some brown sugar create the best peach syrup.
Melt the butter in a 9×13 dish. While the butter is melting, in a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, milk, baking powder, and salt.
Once the butter is melted, remove it from the oven and pour in the cobbler portion. Do not mix it. Now, take the peach mix and pour over the cobbler and butter.
Do not mix it. Place in the oven and let it bake for about 40-45 minutes.
Serve with homemade whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream. Serve hot or cold, or at room temperature.
Love peaches? Check out these other recipes!
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Baked Peach Hand Pies
- The Best Southern Peach Tea Recipe You Will Need All Summer
- Homemade 3 Ingredient Peach Jam
- 7 fresh peaches
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Peel peaches and then slice in half to remove the pit. Slice each half into slices. Set them aside.
- Place the stick of butter into a 9x13 dish and place in the oven. Let the heat melt the butter. Do not spread the butter around the pan. Remove from the oven.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Slowly pour in milk and vanilla extract, and stir to combine. Pour batter over butter, but do not stir.
- In a saucepan, add the brown sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice and set it on high heat. Stir frequently until the sugar is completely melted and peaches have released their juices.
- Pour the peaches over the top of the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top of the cobbler is golden in color.
- Serve warm or cold, or with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 3gSugar: 65gProtein: 4g