These easy cheesy scalloped potatoes are the perfect Easter side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes cooked in a cream and cheese sauce. Great warm or at room temperature.
I love when I find easy side dishes like this one to make for my family. I used to buy those boxes of scalloped potatoes until I realized how easy they are to make at home.
While scalloped potatoes may have the makings of being a time-consuming dish, nothing could be further from the truth.
They are simple to make and so delicious and satisfying. This dish is savory, cheesy, and very hearty. It's the perfect side dish to go alongside meals such as Trisha Yearwood's Honey Mustard Glazed Ham.
No need to make them just for Easter. They are perfect for almost any dinner and are so tasty!
How to Make Perfectly Sliced Potatoes
For this side dish, the best way to slice potatoes is with a mandoline slicer. If you don't have a mandolin, you can use a chef's knife. Slice your potatoes in half, lengthwise, to create a flat, stable surface for cutting. Then simply use your knife (the sharper the better) to cut the potatoes as thinly as you can.
Length of Cooking Time
The cooking time on these potatoes depend on how thinly you slice the potatoes. I would not slice them paper thin, but if you do, cooking time might be around 40 minutes.
I use the middle size and that cooks for about an hour. If you go thicker than that, you might have to cook about 15 minutes more. The way you know they are done is when you stick a fork through the potatoes and they are tender.
Serve these Scalloped Potatoes Alongside One of these Dishes
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Longhorn's Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Sweet and Spicy Oven Fried Chicken
Easy Easter Side Dish Recipes
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes from Jen Around the World
- Colorful Spring Salad from Art of Natural Living
- Creamed Greens Casserole from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Hash Brown Casserole from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Japanese Potato Salad with Yukon Gold Potatoes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mom's Investment Salad (aka Ambrosia Salad) from The Spiffy Cookie
- Romano Beans Stir Fry from Magical Ingredients
- Sweet Potatoes with Lemon from That Recipe
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potaoes
Simply sliced potatoes cooked in a cheese and cream sauce. Classic style scalloped potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x9 or 2-quart baking dish.
- Use a mandoline or a chef's knife to thinly slice your potatoes. Transfer all of the slices into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour heavy cream over the potatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add in garlic, salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Toss together until cheese and seasonings are evenly dispersed.
Spread out into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, until potatoes are tender. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 365mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
Tuesday 5th of April 2022
I think this sounds so good. Im gonna make this tonite.
Friday 1st of April 2022
Cheesy potatoes is always a winner and this would be loved here. This will definitely be the star at the spring lunch!
[email protected] of Natural Living
Monday 28th of March 2022
This looks so cheesy and good! I'd love this on my buffet table!
Sunday 27th of March 2022
One of my favorites! can you believe I've never made them from scratch?
Sunday 27th of March 2022
A classic for sure! A nice change from Easter mashed.