Back in May, when I catered my first wedding, I made a dish that I had never made before. It was one that the bride requested — and I was really unsure of how it was going to taste, but I did it anyway — and it is now one of my most requested items at any picnic or event — My copycat recipe of Hooter's Deep Fried Pickles.
If you have never tried fried pickle slices, you have been missing a crunchy and tangy treat. I know that once you try these you will want this fried pickle recipe. You can make these at home — they are simple and easy to do and taste amazing!
And if pickles are your thing, be sure to check out this recipe for Ranch TikTok Pickles.
How to Make These Delicious Fried Pickles
This is seriously one of the best dishes I have ever had.
To make the dipping sauce, combine hot sauce with ranch dressing until you get your desired flavors and that is it! These never last at any party I have been to!
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1 16-ounce jar hamburger dill pickle chips
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a large pot. Take a cookie sheet and cover with paper towels.
- Drain the pickles in a colander. Then lay them out on the cookie sheet to drain. Blot them with more paper towels to get them really dry. That is the trick to this recipe to keep the pickles from being soggy.
- Take the pickles a few at a time and run through the flour.
- Next, place the pickles in a medium bowl and cover with some of the buttermilk.
- Take this set of pickles out of the buttermilk and dredge in the seasoned flour again. Shake off the excess flour and place the coated pickles in the hot grease.
- Be careful not to place too many pickles into the hot grease, or the pickles won’t fry up crisp.
- Fry the pickles until golden brown. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon and put them on another sheet pan covered with paper towels to drain. Continue frying pickles until all are done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3003Total Fat: 300gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 259gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 1136mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 21g