Last week when Kayla and I took the day off to hang out with each other and have some special mother daughter time, we decided to paint our pumpkin. While painting it, we decided to do something that I had recently seen on Pinterest — how to create a DIY splatter pumpkin with crayons.
Creating the pumpkin was really easy. The hardest thing was gluing the crayons to the top. We had a great time putting this together and it looks very festive on my front porch.
How to Create a DIY Splatter Pumpkin
- Get a pumpkin:You can use any size pumpkin you want. We had a fairly large one already so that is what we used.
- Paint Your Pumpkin: We used white spray paint to paint our pumpkin. It was fast drying, so it was ready in about 30 minutes.
- Pick out your crayon colors: Pick crayons out that you want to use and remove the wrapper from the crayon.
- Glue the crayons to the top of the pumpkin: This is an important step. We used hot glue to glue our crayons down. Just make sure that you break your crayons so that the glue reaches all over the crayon.
- Melt your crayons: Take a hair dryer and place it on high and begin to melt the crayons. It takes less than a minute to start melting. Be sure to have plenty of newspaper or coverage around as the crayons melt and splatter. Also –When it starts to melt, the part of the crayon that is not glued will fall off. Kayla just picked hers back up and stuck it up top and melted it down the front and made it drip really neat like.
- Place on your front porch for all to enjoy! Once you are done, sit them out front for everyone to enjoy!
Do you have a cool project that you have finished for the fall? I would love to hear about them!