Yesterday my daughter decided she was in the mood for lemonade. Instead of buying store bought, she purchased some lemons from the store, looked up an online recipe, and tried her hand at making homemade lemonade. All I can say is that this girl has got some skills, because that lemonade is absolutely delicious.
Even after finding the recipe, she took it one step further and added grated lemon peel into the finished container of this summery drink.
- 8 cups of water
- 1 3/4 cup of sugar
- 8 large lemons (enough to make 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice
- grated lemon peel from 4 of those lemons
- ice for finish
Make a Simple Syrup
- To make the simple syrup, add the sugar and 1 cup of water to a sauce pan. Bring to a rolling boil and then turn it off. Allow this to cool.
Finish the lemonade
- While the simple syrup is cooling off, grate your lemon peel and set aside.
- Cut your lemons in half and juice them.
- Take a tall pitcher and add 7 cups of water to it along with your ice cubes. Add in the lemon juice and grated lemon peel.
- Take the cooled simple syrup and add to the pitcher and then stir. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
Put it in a cute and festive container. Then invite your lady friends over for a lunch out on the patio and some good laughs.
I am super impressed with my daughter's culinary skills. I keep trying to talk her into going to culinary school. I think she would do fabulous! She loves to cook and create recipes.
Anyway — enjoy this yummy and delicious summertime homemade lemonade recipe. The heat is coming soon — so find recipes that will help you enjoy this time of year.
Here are a few of my other favorite summertime recipes!
What is your favorite summer time drink of choice?