This Copycat Sonic Strawberry Limeade will be the perfect drink to finish out your summer!
The Sonic Strawberry Limeade is such a delicious copycat version of the real thing. The best part is you can enjoy it all year around.
Honestly, the hardest part of making this yummy lime and strawberry drink is the strawberry syrup, but no worries! I am going to show you how to make it so you can make a batch of this for your family members. I promise, they will love it!
Did you know that at Sonic, they have over 100,000 drink combinations? WOW! That is alot. Of course, the strawberry limeade is one of their top sellers. My daughter discovered it this past summer and since it was a favorite of hers, we decided to make our own at home.
This strawberry syrup is perfect for so many drink recipes and will keep in the fridge for about a month.
One of my favorite things about recreating recipes at home is that you don't have to worry about preservatives and dyes. Homemade Strawberry syrup has a beautiful red color, and there is no dye in this recipe!
In this recipe, you will find ingredients like sugar, water, and fresh strawberries. Of course, if you want to try making your version with a sugar-free substitute, you can do that as well.
How to Make a Copycat Strawberry Limeade
To start with, you are going to take 1 pound container of fresh strawberries and wash them off. Then, hull them (cut the green part off the strawberry, and then dice those strawberries up. Save a few big strawberries cut in half and place in the freezer. You can use those as ice cubes.
You will then cook the remaining strawberries with 4 cups of water for about 20 minutes, what results is a beautiful colored juice, but it isn’t sweet yet.
Now, strain the strawberry pulp from the juice. I usually save these and use for muffins or in yogurt. Next, add in the sugar and heat on the stove on medium until the sugar has dissolved.
Remove from the heat and let the syrup cool.
To make the drink, add 1 cup of Sprite to a mason jar. Add in 1/4 cup of the strawberry syrup and some of your frozen strawberries. Squeeze in 4 slices of lime and mix together and now you can enjoy your own Strawberry Limeade before the summer comes to an end!
Copycat Sonic Strawberry Limeade
This delicious copy cat drink will have you enjoying the rest of your summer all year long!
- 1 pound strawberries
- 4 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Strawberry syrup
- 1 cup Sprite
- 4 slices lime
- Frozen Strawberries as ice cubes
To Make the Strawberry Syrup
- Wash and hull your strawberries.
- Cut strawberries into quarters.
- Place strawberries into a pot and add 4 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain liquid, discard the strawberries. Add sugar, and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool and then pour into a mason jar. Store the syrup in the refrigerator for up to one month.
To make the Strawberry Limeade
- Fill a glass with frozen strawberries.
- Add 1/4 cup strawberry syrup, 1 cup of Sprite, and stir well.
- Squeeze in lime wedges, and garnish with a lime if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Juvale Mini Slate Cheese Boards - 6 Piece Charcuterie Boards, Cheese and Meat Serving Board for Home, Restaurant, Cafe Use, 3 Chalks Included, 6 x 0.1 x 8.75 Inches
Zunii 300-Pack Multi-Color Biodegradable Paper Straws - 10 Bright Colors - Eco Friendly Straws for Juice, Soda, Cocktails, Shakes - Great for Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers, Cake Pop Sticks
Estilo Mason Jar Mugs with Handle and Straws Old Fashioned Drinking Glass Set 6, 16 oz Each
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 0g
- Caramel Apple Mocktail – the perfect Non-Alcoholic Fall Drink for Kids!
- Tropical Sunshine Drink – the perfect Non-Alcoholic Drink
- The Best Southern Peach Tea Recipe You Will Need All Summer
- Coconut Lavender Lemonade – a very refreshing Summer Drink
- Mint Julep – a Non-Alcoholic Version Perfect for Derby Day
- Tropical Fruit Tea – A Delicious and Refreshing Twist on Southern Tea
What is your favorite way to make copycat recipes?