Love hummus? You will love this Everything Bagel Hummus that is simple to make. The best part is that there is no tahini paste in this hummus at all.
One of my favorite snacks is hummus. I never buy it at the store though because it can get pretty expensive. I started making it homemade a few years ago and found I like the taste much better.
With homemade hummus, you just need one can of chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) and the possibilities are endless!
That is how we came up with this Everything Bagel Hummus. I love the flavor of Everything Bagel Seasoning Mix, so we decided to play around and create our own version of Everything Bagel Hummus.
When I first started buying this seasoning mix, I purchased the Trader Joe's version from Amazon. Then I started making it myself and now I put it on everything.
Here are a few more recipes we have made with this awesome spice!
- My Everything Bagel Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Everything Bagel Ham and Cheese Sliders
- The Best Everything Bagel Cocktail Weenies
How to Make Everything Bagel Hummus
To make the everything bagel hummus you will need —
- Everything Bagel Seasoning Mix
- lemon juice
- olive oil
That's it. If you notice, there is no tahini at all because I do not like the taste of tahini. I make all my hummus recipes without it and it still tastes absolutely delicious.
Start by draining the chickpeas. Reserve the juice from the can. I use this to thin out the hummus when I pulse it. Sometimes it can be a little thick.
Now, add the chickpeas, your lemon juice, the olive oil, and the Everything Bagel Seasoning Mix into the food processor.
Blend until everything is pulsed together.
Now, look at it. If it is too thick, add in a little of the reserved juice and continue to pulse until you get the consistency you like. I like mine between thin and just a little thick.
You can serve with tortilla chips, fresh veggies, crackers — or whatever you like to eat yours with. My daughter uses cherry tomatoes. For myself, I like to use tortilla chips to eat it with.
Looking for more hummus recipes? Check these out
- Lemon Hummus
- Plain Hummus and Homemade Pita Chips
- Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
- 1 14.5 ounces can of chickpeas, drained and juice reserved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon (plus more for sprinkling) of Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, and Everything Bagel Seasoning in your food processor.
- Puree until the chickpeas are finely ground.
- If the mixture seems too thick, add some of the reserved chickpea juice and puree again until you get the consistency you want.
- Place in a bowl and top with more Everything Bagel Seasoning mix and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, fresh veggies, and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g