The best homemade garlic butter is simple to make! It has just 4 ingredients and is perfect for everything from potatoes, meat, and veggies to my favorite — garlic bread.
Garlic bread and garlic butter are some of my favorite things! I make my own compound butter that I use for pork chops and steaks, but this homemade garlic butter is great for making garlic bread right at home! No need to grab frozen bread any longer. This is so simple even your kid can make it.
How do you make garlic butter from scratch?
This recipe makes about a cup of butter. You can easily double or triple this recipe to make a larger batch and give it as a gift to a friend or family member.
- Start with one stick of softened butter. I just set mine out in the morning when I know I'm going to make some.
- Place the room-temperature butter in a small bowl or a food processor with the chopped garlic, cheese, fresh minced parsley, and a little salt and pepper.
- Stir with a rubber spatula, or place everything in the food processor on low speed and blend until the butter and garlic are well combined.
You can store your butter in the fridge for up to 3 months or in the fridge for 6 months.
To use on garlic bread, I smear it on pretty heavy and then bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
The cheese gets all melty and bubbles up and the taste of the fresh garlic is phenomenal! Once you start making it at home, you will not even bother with the stuff in the store again.
And the best part? You can melt this stuff in the microwave and use it as a dip for your pizza.
If you want to give this as a gift, you can use these cute 4-ounce jars I found on Amazon.
Check out these other delicious and easy homemade grocery hacks!
- 1 cup butter slightly softened
- 5 cloves of garlic minced (about 2 ½ tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or food processor and mix well together. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g