We love making our own homemade jams and jellies at home. The summertime is my favorite time for making some delicious homemade jams — especially when the fruit is plentiful.
I gathered up some of my favorite blogger friend’s recipes and have a whole slew of delicious jams and jellies to share with you below.
Equipment Needed for Making Jams and Jellies
If you are going to attempt to make your own homemade jams and jellies, there are a few things you will need. Most jams and jellies don’t need much, but there are a few pieces of equipment that will make your life easier.
- Strainer: This strainer will make removing pulp and seeds easier (if you do not want them in your jelly)
- Jelly Jars: My favorite jelly jars are always Ball
- Canning Pot: I use this canning pot to give my jars a hot water bath before and for sealing once I have them finished.
- Canning Utensils: This set of utensils will make everything much easier when removing jars from the canning pot.
- Labels for Your Jars: I give a lot of my jams and jellies away as presents so I like to label my jars.
- Ball Canning Book: This is the Bible for all things canning. If you have this book, you can make anything.
A Few Canning Tips Before You Get Started
Ball Canning is my favorite place to go for canning tips. Here are a few things you might want to know before getting started —
- Always wash fruits or vegetables under cold, running water rather than soaking them. This is especially important when cleaning fresh berries and delicate fruits that have a tendency to absorb moisture.
- Cut, crush, or juice produce exactly as stated in the recipe to help maintain the correct balance between ingredients.
- Measure the full amount of sugar listed in the recipe. If you wish to use less sugar, use a recipe specifically developed to get the taste you want.
- When using commercial juice from concentrate or a bottle, use only unsweetened, no calcium-added juice unless otherwise stated in the recipe.
Homemade Jams and Jellies Roundup You Can Make at Home
Pear Vanilla Jam -- the Perfect Fall Recipe that is Easy and Delicious
Keto Jam! Low Carb Keto Strawberry Jam Recipe – BEST Homemade Ketogenic Diet Jelly
No Sugar Strawberry Pineapple Jam from Artisanal Preserves by Madelaine Bullwinkel – Cookbook Review